Sign in to follow this  
f433921

Slide Leaving Imprint in Carpet

Over a period of time I have noticed that the footprint of the slide   is more visible in the carpet when slide is open. With a little effort you can vacuum the carpet and remover the imprint, 

It appear that the slide has settled over a period of time.  There are adjustments that are  visible to  adjust the outer wall of the slide, but not for the inside,  The vertical sealing surface are parallel to side wall when in sealed position.

My style of the slide has a flexible strip covered with the slide carpet to provide the transition between the slide and fixed coach floor.

Owners manual only reference for adjustment of slide is to contact local dealer. My manual doesn't identify the manufacturer of the slide mechanism.

The bottom of the slide appears to a piece of white plastic material that provide a friction free surface and two exposed rack and pinion rails.

Any advice on adjustment to uniformly raise the side 1/4" would be appreciated. I have searched the internet with no success.

My coach is a 04 Holiday Rambler 40' PDQ.

Jim  

Close your slide. Go outside and observe how the graphic line up with the main body on the slide. If there is a deviation, the slide needs to be adjusted.

If not, the indentations in carpet are normal.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:52 AM, Erniee said:

Close your slide. Go outside and observe how the graphic line up with the main body on the slide. If there is a deviation, the slide needs to be adjusted.

If not, the indentations in carpet are normal.

There is no misalignment and the vertical seal is parallel and equal on both ends when closed. Just before the slides reaches the fully closed position the inside edge of the side actually rises about 1/4"but when you release the IN switch the slide relaxes a small amount in the open position. It appears that the when the closing forces that compress the sealing surfaces a small amount and once the power to the motor is interrupted the slide move a small about before the brake sets to secure the slide. During tis small movement you can see the slide settle a small amount that would cause the imprint in the carpet.

I'm going to check the brake to see if there is an adjustment. After 15 years of use, I not surprised that the brake hasn't some wear.

Jim

I have an Endeavor here for wood floors and the owner had same issue. So he opted to get rid of the nasty carpet

On 7/12/2019 at 3:48 AM, Erniee said:

I have an Endeavor here for wood floors and the owner had same issue. So he opted to get rid of the nasty carpet

After making several adjustments I was able to lessen the imprint in the carpet, however it is not completely gone.

It's a good excuse replace the carpet.

I'm considering replacing the carpet with LVP,  what is you opinion on LVP vs wood?

We live in the PNW and are always tracking water in and we have also have pets.

Jim

Our MH is OLD, the slide imprint in the carpeting is very obvious after long periods with slide retracted. My solution is to use DW's Hoover upright sweeper, it raises the carpet fibers as it cleans. When I'm finished with several passes, the imprint is barely visible.

Jim, Re read what Ernie posted. He is in the RV floor business. Probably the best and has more experience than anyone else on the forum. 

Bill 

12 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Jim, Re read what Ernie posted. He is in the RV floor business. Probably the best and has more experience than anyone else on the forum. 

Bill , that what I plan on doing, waiting for copilot to  make a decision.  Going to RV show in Portland, she is looking what color flooring that will go with cabinets and upholstery. 

Jim