drservices01

Tires

Does anyone use the Continental HS3 225/70r19.5.  Are they a good tire, wear well, and ride good.  I'm planning on ordering them and Boar rims this week for my 2018 Montana 5th wheel, but haven't used Continental tires in many years.  The other choice is Hankook but I would prefer an American made tire.  Tires are being upgraded for a trip to San Antonio for the winter and then another trip to Alaska.  

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Drservices01 said:

Does anyone use the Continental HS3 225/70r19.5.  Are they a good tire, wear well, and ride good

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with that size but I run 275 80R 22.5 on my RV and have been happy with them. I consider them as good or better than Michelin.

Let us know how the  switch to the bigger rims works out on your RV. I saw an add about using the 19.5 rims on a RV in Michigan 2 months ago and did a post about it. 

Bill

Let's be sure to separate comments about tires for a trailer (5th wheel) from those for motorhomes.  Stresses and tire design are not the same.

Brett is correct.

Guess he has been paying attention and reading my posts and RVTireSafety blog. 😎

Trailer application definitely places different and higher belt shear forces than when placed on a motorhome or tow vehicle. Probably would have been better for this post to be in the Trailer thread.

I could not quickly find info on the actual construction of the HS3 but would assume it is "all steel" as are most other "Commercial" tires. This construction and other features seem to result in longer durability than the standard Polyester/steel seen on LT and St type tires.

Continental is a German company. You can learn more HERE.

Yeah I should have posted this in the 5th wheel section but this is my first thread and realized my mistake after I submitted it.   I will repost it there.  As old as I am, I still learn something new everyday.😎

No, the tire section IS the proper place.

We just need to make sure we identify the use the tires will be put to. So, you are good here.

Agree with Brett and Tire man.  Closest thing we have to a 5'er is goose neck trailers, from 30' to 42' !  Most run Hankook  or Cooper, the trailers haul hay!