Sign in to follow this  
pandphawaii1976

2004 HR battery diagram hookup

Looking for a picture or diagram that shows the wiring hookup for the house battery's.. having a problem and took the battery out of my mh and had checked. They checked  good but battery's won't  charge up pass low indicator and I have one wire on battery that is hooked to the center of the six volt battery's and don't understand why this is I bought the coach used and just change the battery's not to long ago and took picture before removing them any help would be appreciated. Can't seam to find anything so far on the net.. and holiday rambler has been no help..

2 hours ago, pandphawaii1976 said:

Thanks Wolfe the cable is a heavier cable maybe size 10 or 8

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a small solar panel on the roof?

I looks like a shielded cable, maybe the temp probe. look and see if the same looking cable is connected to your converter. I have a complete wiring diagram for my 2004 Endeavor and the only odd looking cable is the temp probe

If batteries not charging up like it should, make sure your temperature sensor is good.   I had a bad one and the charger cut back cause a shorted temperature sensor had the charger thinking the batteries were overheated.  

6 minutes ago, desertdeals69 said:

I always hook the ground the other battery.  Supposed to balance it better.

Correct!

12 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

I always hook the ground the other battery.  Supposed to balance it better.

Not necessary true as this is the end of the bank.   Either way works fine.  Or you can hook the positive to the other battery, the other end of the banks.