Mdavis3310

Battery Replacement

I've got a 2001 Monaco Knight. I replaced 4- Golf Cart 6V lead acid house batteries with 4-deep cycle AGM 12V batteries wired in series. My concern here is this overkill or will this damage my system in any way. Any problems with my inverter handling the new batteries. Thank for any replies.

Edited by Mdavis3310
Correction on battery type

No problem at all.

But, if you have a "smart" inverter/charger, be sure you have it properly programmed.  Instructions are in your inverter/charger owners manual and/or on-line at your inverter/charger's website.

To clarify wiring for 4 12 VDC batteries WIRED IN PARALLEL:

Positive of battery #1 to house positive and to positive of battery #2.

Positive of battery #2 to positive of battery #3.

Positive of battery #3 to positive of battery #4.

Negative of battery #1 to negative of battery #2.

Negative of battery #2 to negative of battery #3.

Negative of battery #3 to negative of battery #4

Negative of battery #4 to house ground.

Wow, I thought this was a test! 6 volt batteries can’t be wired into the coach the same as 12 volt batteries. I hope he hasn’t powered up in “series”.

Edited by Dreimink

10 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Just make sure that you wired them the same as your wet cell 6 volts. Tell us what inverter you have .

They are not wired the same as the 6 volt batteries, just follow Brett's instructions, all negative to negative, and all positive to positive, with positive to inverter/charger/ house supply to battery 1, and negative to inverter/charger/ house supply to battery 4.

20 minutes ago, Dreimink said:

Wow, I thought this was a test! 6 volt batteries can’t be wired into the coach the same as 12 volt batteries. I hope he hasn’t powered up in “series”.

Agreed, please do not wire those 12 volt batteries in series!

This is exactly what Brett stated, in visual form. Copied from "the 12V side of life" Black batteries
 image.png.4b542971d319c0227523e08c17534af8.png

Thanks guys. did not wire the 12v in series. Was sitting there doing more research, when I read Wolfe 10 post and received a call from Trace inverter Tech support. Thanks to all who responded. Again thanks guys.