I have a 2004 Discovery. I have double pane windows with the "permafog" in the middle. What can be done to get rid of this? Dangerous reflection and poor visibility..

Thanks 

John

John,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Where are you located?  There are several companies around the country that specialize in rebuilding fogged windows.

Doc, thanks for the location. Need a bit more information,  where the heck is Parker, Co? 🤔 Do you mean Parker, CO (Colorado)😉

If you are able to go to Searcy, Arkansas to RV Fog Dr. Lee can take care of you and he has hookups to stay over if needed. 

Herman 

Lots different scenarios. Seal broken and fogged, fogged and etched, and or broken glass all will have different prices. Give Lee a call and he might be able to give you a SWAG estimate (Scientific Wild A#$ Guess)😃

Herman 

An ambitious person can rebuild a window themselves, the seals and divider strip are sold online.

9 hours ago, RayIN said:

An ambitious person can rebuild a window themselves, the seals and divider strip are sold online.

I considered tackling this myself a few years ago. I ended up removing the window, disassembling, and I replaced just the fogged side. Once it was apart it looked simple. 

Do you have a link for the products?

On 7/18/2019 at 10:42 AM, DRJSTEVENS said:

Hi!  lol...yes, Parker Colorado.  Appreciate the advice. Any idea on the cost? It is a 04' Discovery 39A

I don't know what the normal cost is, but we had three windows fixed at an American Coach Rally in May.  Rally price was $200 per window...and one died on the way home and they refunded the cost for that one.