cetmanhd@verizon.net

2004 Freightliner XC Air Suspension Question

Having an air suspension on the chassis does not imply that is also has air-leveling - that requires an additional controller, some plumbing and an auxiliary air pump. I don't think the Nexus has any of that, but you can check the features list to see if "air leveling" appears anywhere. Might be an option.

It is common for coaches with air leveling to also have hydraulics jacks. The amount of leveling via the air system is limited, so jacks may be needed on some sites. Not all campgrounds have pads large enough and level enough for 40-45 foot coaches.

Gary, coaches that come with air leveling don not come with jacks unless they were added or requested ($$) when the unit was first purchased or ordered.

Our coach was ordered with air leveling but no jacks. Sorry -_-

Herman

Gary, coaches that come with air leveling don not come with jacks unless they were added or requested ($$) when the unit was first purchased or ordered.

I think that depends on the coach brand & model, Herman, but I did not mean to imply that all air-level coaches have hydraulics as well. I merely meant to say it is not unusual to have both (I have seen several at Americam Coach brand rallies). Whether standard or optional I cannot say.

I have been searching for 2 weeks for that pesky air leak.   1st the Norgreen valve was bad and had to be replaced.   Then I had to search for other in-line leaks that soapy water was great.  The final leak in the rear system was difficult to hear.   I got my electronic shooting ear protectors out and turned the volume all the way up.  I could hear the faint leak from the PS rear tire and the leak was over the DS rear tire.   ANOTHER GOOD USE FOR HEARING PROTECTORS.