elkhartjim

Diesel Fuel Discount Program

Has anyone used this system.  I usually use gas buddy and find the least expensive diesel.  The other day I found it for $2.59 and bought 96 gallons that I put in my tank in the back of my Silverado.  Saved $48 over the average price of diesel in the area.  It seems like the discounts they give you are off a expensive price and bottom line is your paying more.

DD, I went over to iRV2 and the company sends out daily the price of fuel at stations that honor their card. Of course the prices may change daily but in most cases it appears the best discounts are at Loves. It appears the discount is about 40 cents per gallon off the published cash price. Its interesting for sure.

Many on that forum thread have joined and validate the discount. I'm on the road and as soon as I get situated I might give it a try.  You do have to give you bank account # for direct withdrawal and the withdrawal is the next day. Many start a separate bank account just for paying TDS. No one else allow to the account. Transfer money as you need to.

I'll have to wait until we get home, late August.  Not giving out my B of A investment acct#, so I'll use another local bank #, that info is at house.  Wish they would be satisfied with a CMA#! 

Joe.  We or I at least, thank you for the info...sure it will be handy for those on a limited time schedule!  If I can save .20 to .40 cents PG at the pump?  Not Stupid.

Thanks, Joe. 

It doesn't appear the WEX Card is honored at any of the major "truck" fueling stations or at least they don't show any.

I can't find where the Comdata Card is accepted at all.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe.  We or I at least, thank you for the info...sure it will be handy for those on a limited time schedule!  If I can save .20 to .40 cents PG at the pump?  Not Stupid.

The savings are and would be great! Anytime I can save a few cents and have the convenience would just add to it!

Just not having to run in and out of the store (which usually isn’t close by) plus you are holding up the truck lanes and angering truckers. 

Think about the people on here with limited mobility, a fuel card that will turn on the pumps in the truck lanes would be huge for those folks.

Read the terms and conditions (fine print) closely, there are some surprises. For instance, Miss having adequate funds the next day, it's a $25 penalty-each day you have insufficient funds.  That's just one.

7 hours ago, RayIN said:

Read the terms and conditions (fine print) closely, there are some surprises. For instance, Miss having adequate funds the next day, it's a $25 penalty-each day you have insufficient funds.  That's just one.

Sounds appropriate and reasonable. Pay anyone with an insufficient funds check and it will cost you. 

Jim's right! (Hate to admit that.) 

Think of the administrative costs related to a bounced check. Not only will you be liable for the check but the additional money ($25) in costs.

There is a new diesel fuel discount program offered by TSD Logistics that gives substantial discounts at EFS locations (Love's, T/A, Flying J, etc). Program details TSD Fuel Discount Program The savings can be .20¢ to .40¢ per gallon depending on where you fuel. 

If you're interested you need to download, fill out and submit the Non-Motor Carrier forms from the website. The payment is handled as an ACH transaction through your bank checking account (similar to the RV Plus card but this is processed once per day). TSD's fee for this service is 10% of whatever the savings is. If there is no savings, then the transaction is processed free of charge.

According to a conversation I had with them their best arrangement is with Love's where the savings can be in the .40¢ range, and T/A is in the .20¢ range. Pilot/Flying J is in the .05¢ range so if you have the RV Plus card you're better off using it.

I am receiving daily pricing sheets for Loves, T/A and PFJ. If you're interested in receiving one or more of them just send me a PM with your email address.

The EFS card has been around for maybe 30 years or so. I used it extensively from the early nineties while running an 18 wheeler.

Comdata is also an old faithful. Must be really competitive out there if they are going after onesies and twosies. Both were reputable when I was still working

We have been using this card for the last month.  Discounts are real and as stated Loves gives the best discount.  We have used it around Eastern Canada and although there is no discount there, it starts the pump in any line and no putting a credit card in 3 times to get a fill.  Love this card.

Someone on another forum brought up a good point about this card.  What if the vendor makes a mistake on your actual amount charged?  It is a direct withdrawal from your account you have given them so how long would it take or how hard would it be to get that sort of thing corrected?  If you are traveling and putting $160 to $250 at a time on the card it isn't like you can drop in on the station that made the mistake and have them fix it.  It is one thing to have a monthly bill direct paid from one of your bank accounts but I'm not sold on this one yet.

Don't leave without a receipt.  Loves puts the receipt in a rack numbered  for each pump. Flying J used to hang the receipts on a carousel. Maybe still do. Don't remember how Pilot did it , but I never left without one. I needed it for taxes.

Then as far as I'm concerned it defeats the purpose of pump and leave. Yes, the savings are nice but it is still an inconvenience to get a receipt.

The newer Pilot/Flying J app has been pretty convenient for me and since they updated it I don't have to pull forward and go inside for a receipt.

Swipe Good Sams/Pilot card at pump which gets me 9 cents off diesel.  Pump and leave.  When I go into the  app after fueling it will have my actual receipt.  I can even email it, which I do to the DW because she pays the bills.  I guess I could print it also myself but I just record the information later for my log book.

Hmmm! I have the card but not the app. Think I'll go get it. I just write down the info off the pump screen on the

"original palm pilot" then tell her when I get back in.

Thanks for the heads up about the app. I've had it for a while but only used it for rewards. Didn't know it also had receipts.

I've audio recently gotten a Kwik Trip card & app. They are opening more truck stops in the Midwest and I find having their card and app makes things easier.

The available apps. Interesting. I would still like to get a printed receipt from the pump just like I do locally when I fuel our vehicles. Guess that will be awhile,.

When I was working I did not mind going in for my receipt. Fill my thermos, nuke a burrito, then roll.  RVing  takes the pressure off. I still do not mind going in as a retired trucker and now a diesel RV owner. I estimate my fuel needs and pay cash at the fuel desk. They give me a receipt then if I can't get it all in, I go to the fuel desk for a new receipt and a partial refund. I am never in a hurry anymore. 

On the Pilot app you should set up your profile.  Fast and easy if it already isn't on there.  To get a your receipt just click on "profile" at bottom of the main page and it takes you to the screen that says "messages" and "transactions".  Click on "Fuel purchased and receipt" and a list of your fuel purchases will come up.  Click on whichever one you want the receipt for.  You can view it, print it, or email it.

Mine are still on there from the start of 2018.

6 minutes ago, ISPJS said:

On the Pilot app you should set up your profile.  Fast and easy if it already isn't on there.  To get a your receipt just click on "profile" at bottom of the main page and it takes you to the screen that says "messages" and "transactions".  Click on "Fuel purchased and receipt" and a list of your fuel purchases will come up.  Click on whichever one you want the receipt for.  You can view it, print it, or email it.

Mine are still on there from the start of 2018.

Joe, 

Thanks for pointing this out. I have had the app for over a year now and didn't even realize the receipt feature was there.