garybowie

Using RV propane for outside barbecue

I'm leaving my charcoal barbecue at home and have purchased a new Coleman Road Trip for our Alaska vacation. Instead of using the small bottles of propane, I would like to run an extension hose to the RV tank. Is this possible and how do I set it up? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Gary,

Camping World (perhaps others) have a kit called "Stay a While" (I think) which taps into your on board propane tank to supply your grill or other propane appliance. It can also be used to attach an external propane bottle to the motor homes propane tank to allow access to larger amounts of propane for long stays in one location. You could order it on-line and have it delivered to your home or visit the nearest RV supply store or Camping World.

Stay awhile is the best way to go as, Tbutler says. My Pace Arrow came with a device like stay awhile but minus the external tank feature. I could use the grille but had to depend on the built in propane tank for the coach. Added the stay awhile anyway as we stay in one location all winter and moving the coach to refil it is not an option.