Sign in to follow this  
dakegro

Redmond convention information?

I have been thinking about going to the Redmond Rally. I have never been to one. But there doesnt seem to be much info about this compaired to some of the others. There was lots of advertiseing for the last one for months in the magazine but almost nothing about this one. Is that an indication of what this rally is compaired to others?

REDMOND ROCKS! Feel the Excitement! is the theme for Redmond, and there certainly will be lots of things to experience in August. Tours are being finalized and should be online in a week or two. Central Oregon is home to some wonderful microbreweries and vineyards. In addition, you may wish to take the ski lift to the top of the mountain for lunch with a magnificent view. A Native American Basketry workshop and quilting tour are also on the agenda.

Entertainment will include the America's Got Talent finalist, The Texas Tenors; Live Bait, the nation's #1 Jimmy Buffet tribute band; and hits from the '50s and '60s from Forever Motown.

Fun and Games, a beer garden, new exhibit hours, and a wide range of seminars are all on tap. Check the Web site periodially for updates.

Redmond has excellent facilities for a convention. We were there in 2004 and enjoyed the convention tremendously. Parking surrounds the convention facilities so no one is far from the heart of the convention. My only complaint related to the parking procedures. We arrived in a caravan of over 300 coaches and I don't think they were remotely prepared to deal with a flood of vehicles this size. By contrast, we arrived in a caravan, somewhat smaller but handled expeditiously by the crew at Bowling Green last summer. I hope that the crew at Redmond has been studying parking committee practices at other National Conventions. If they have, they'll get it right this time!