gregkono

Where to/how to purchase tires through FMCA?

Need new front tires for my Motorhome, 275/80R/22.5. Understand FMCA offers discounts, new to FMCA and cannot find "tire purchase" pathways.

Any help/directions would be helpful (SW Michigan)..   ;)

Go to the BENEFITS page and it will walk you through it.  I just purchased the same size front tires for my coach stayed with the same brand that I have been running, Hanhook.  My previous one were their AH 12 and they are no longer available, they have been replaced with their AH 37. The AH 37 is a 18 ply where the AH 1 2 was a 16 ply, don/t see any difference in the ride.'

I purchased mine from local dealer, the price was competitive with the FMCA price, just seemed like less hassle/

Jim

I purchased my tires through Continental.  Very easy all I did was give them my FMCA card, they made a copy....that was it.  I did talk to Michelin, they  made it sound very complicated and since my last Michelins cracked and split at six years, I ruled them out.

Jim, I don't know how AH 12 compares to AH 37, but if the aspect ratio is different....that second number of the tire size....your gauges will all read incorrectly.

My out the door price for two tires was $937, I purchased them in Oregon (no sales tax).

I made an error on the size of my tires in my first post. My tire are 275/70R/22.5

Jim

I tried to purchase GY tires through the FMCA program and the local Discount Tire beat the program.  So the moral of the story is to be sure and shop the prices.

Ken

The reason prices are some times lower than the FMCA program is buying power. We get the price that the average dealer charges less the FMCA discount. Some dealers purchase in such large volume that they have very strong discounts and dealer incentives. Hince they may be able to sell for less. I have seen it where a dealer says, I can beat that price while others say "can you by me some at that price because it is lower then I pay." So as someone said, "Always Shop Before You Buy".

Herman

49 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

I tried to purchase GY tires through the FMCA program and the local Discount Tire beat the program.  So the moral of the story is to be sure and shop the prices.

Ken

I didn’t know Goodyear tires were in the FMCA benefit. Knew that Michelin, Continental and Hankooks were. 

Jim --

I'm glad to read that you are pleased with Hankook tires.   My 2016 Newmar Ventana LE that I purchased four months ago (replaced my 2007 Damon Astoria) has original Michelin XZE2+ tires that are 275/70R22.5 size manufactured in the 46th week of 2014.  My left front tire has some minor cracking and the tire is only 4-1/2 years old. 

Southern Tire Mart near my home in Katy, TX (west side of Houston) will accept the FMCA discount for Hankook tires (which is significant at $330 price reduction per tire) but are working to see if they can beat the FMCA discount price.   I only drive my motorhome ~5,000 miles a year while still having a full time career so my tires will age-out before they were out.  In your opinion would Hankook tires be a good choice for me?    Purchasing six Hankook tires would save me $1800 versus purchasing six Continental tires (I wont' consider Michelin tires given the early cracking of my current Michelins).

Thanks for your help!

36 minutes ago, fagnaml said:

Jim --

I'm glad to read that you are pleased with Hankook tires.   My 2016 Newmar Ventana LE that I purchased four months ago (replaced my 2007 Damon Astoria) has original Michelin XZE2+ tires that are 275/70R22.5 size manufactured in the 46th week of 2014.  My left front tire has some minor cracking and the tire is only 4-1/2 years old. 

Southern Tire Mart near my home in Katy, TX (west side of Houston) will accept the FMCA discount for Hankook tires (which is significant at $330 price reduction per tire) but are working to see if they can beat the FMCA discount price.   I only drive my motorhome ~5,000 miles a year while still having a full time career so my tires will age-out before they were out.  In your opinion would Hankook tires be a good choice for me?    Purchasing six Hankook tires would save me $1800 versus purchasing six Continental tires (I wont' consider Michelin tires given the early cracking of my current Michelins).

Thanks for your help!

The front Hankook tires that I just replaces had been in service 7 years (35K miles., I had the dealer inspect them when they removed them and no damages was found and tread left on tire 80%. The tries weren't balances and it drove great, no vibration.

Jim 

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Ross,  I believe all the tires made by Michelin are on the program. I may be wrong. 

Herman 

According to a Google search, Goodyear owns Dunlop & Kelly and Michelin owns BF Goodrich & Uniroyal.