hotrod1987

route advice Virginia to Niagra Falls

Question

5 answers to this question

HotRod,

Welcome to the Forum.

Need a bit more information. Fastest way or a stop and smell the roses route?

Bill will be here shortly. He has a lot of routes that he has been on.

Herman

HotROD1987, Welcome to the FMCA Forums!

I just google mapped it, to be honest if time was a concern I'd go that way. 

I64W to I95N to I495N to I270N to I70N to I76W to I99N to I80W to I79N to I90N into Niagara. Depending on the time of day I495 could be a real hassle. I'd plan to be through there after AM rush hour or the middle of the night.

hotrod1987, Welcome to the forum. I would tend to follow the advice of jleamont as he lives in that part of the world. Do you have your PassPort with you? The Canadian side of the falls is the most spectacular. Don't miss a ride on the Maid of the Mist. and it is spectacular to watch the sun set and the lights on the falls come on from the space needle.

Herman. Yes I was up that way in May, June time frame. The problem is there are no diagonal roads. The falls is on the outher corner of a rectangle from where hotrod1987 is starting from. By the way I am at the top of Raton pass tonight. ;)

Bill  

yes, taking passports thanks for the tips. my main concern was not knowing what highways to travel. there will be a caravan of 4 class A rvs and a 42ft  5th wheel. I did google map it , time is not a huge concern but I got info elsewhere to avoid 219 which was on the google map route I got.  I also saw another recommendation to go out to I 90.   thanks so much