weilergp

Need outside satelite advise

We have a 2008 Holiday Rambler Sceptre and were wondering if we can connect a TV to the outside compartment on the passenger side of the coach.  There is a coaxe thingy that looks like you can connect a cable - but when I tried connecting a receiver/tv I could not get a signal.  Is there anything that needs to be done on the main satellite connection in the inside front cabinet?  splitter???

Both the front and back TV's work well on satellite (Bell/Canadian)

On the other side of the coach, in the water compartment, there is cable/satellite/telephone inputs - I assume that this is for an external dish?

Help Please

Edited by weilergp
spelling

weilergp,

Welcome to the Forum.

Is you cable going through your Satellite receiver or directly to the TV? The "INPUT" on your TV should have several options  where you can select HMDI 1, HDMI 2, and a setting for TV . Maybe even have a selection for Cable. Check there and see what the input is set on.

Hope this helps,

Herman

On my HR that is outside tv signal and must be selected correct at the switch box.   On the other side is the telephone, cable input and remote satellite hook up.   

Hi Herman,

I have connected the tv directly with a cable from the outside connection as well as connection to receiver/tv - no signal.  Changed the tv to theproper setting.

I am thinking that the main satellite connection in the front inside coach cabinet, needs something to tell the outside connection that there is satellite. whether it is running through a receiver or I just connect the cable to the tv and use the receiver from inside the coach?

Looked in the MH manual and it does not say if this cable plugin is for satellite or cable???

P

12 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

On my HR that is outside tv signal and must be selected correct at the switch box.   On the other side is the telephone, cable input and remote satellite hook up.   

Where is the switch box?

Some have a switch/push button to turn off the power to the over the air antenna. If the power is on, the satellite or cable signal will not be passed to the TV. 

How many receivers do you have? How many coax cables to the satellite dish? How does the receiver connect to the TV, through coax or do you use HDMI or AVI cables? These questions must be answered before you can get good answers. When you are connected to a cable network does the outside TV work on cable now?

5 hours ago, weilergp said:

Where is the switch box?

The switch box on mine is in the overhead cabinet with the dvd player and surround sound system front of the driver seat.  .