elkhartjim

Diesel Fuel Discount Program

On 7/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, IanBullock said:

I just swipe my GoodSam card, followed by my Visa CC.  The price at the pump is reduced by 5 cents forthe GoodSam discount, the 5% CC discount shows up on my CC monthly statement. 

My GoodSam # is registered on my log in on the Pilot Flying J app, which syncs the receipts. 

I don't have a Pilot Flying J CC. 

I do the same, I get 8¢ diesel discount, 5¢ gasoline discount, with GS lifetime membership card, only 2% cash-back with Discover card though.

BTW, cents sign in windows = alt+0162

12 minutes ago, RayIN said:

I do the same, I get 8¢ diesel discount, 5¢ gasoline discount, with GS lifetime membership card, only 2% cash-back with Discover card though.

BTW, cents sign in windows = alt+0162

That's not a bad discount, but it's hard to beat the deal the TSD is offering when buying Diesel at a Loves.

16 minutes ago, Elkhartjim said:

You enjoy your 8¢ discount Ray and I'll enjoy my 47¢ discount. 

👌 These days I will not use 200G of diesel in 6 months, since DW cannot travel much since the wreck. That card isn't worth the effort for us. I'm trying to justify keeping our MH. I do fill up at the local Murphys station since it's design is easy in/easy out, today it is $2.69. That's where the local school bus's re-fill every day when school is in session, so I know it's good fuel.

1 hour ago, RayIN said:

These days I will not use 200G of diesel in 6 months, since DW cannot travel much since the wreck.

So sorry to hear that! :(

Used the TSD (EFS Card) for the first time at a Love's station. Pump showed $97 and when I received my bill it was $80. Saved $16 and TSD took out 10% of savings for $1.60 in fees.

I'll keep using it. Loves gives the best discounts.  Anyone that is signed up with them will stop receiving the daily email on prices. It is now on their web site.

23 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Used the TSD (EFS Card) for the first time at a Love's station. Pump showed $97 and when I received my bill it was $80. Saved $16 and TSD took out 10% of savings for $1.60 in fees.

I'll keep using it. Loves gives the best discounts.  Anyone that is signed up with them will stop receiving the daily email on prices. It is now on their web site.

I've noticed several posters mention Loves, what about Flying J and Pilot?

There are also discounts at Flying J/Pilot, but not really better than the Good Sam discount. I've seen some discounts on TA that look pretty good, but the Loves discount is still the biggest I've seen.

Wayne and Jim have convinced me to get the card.  Problem is the account I wanted to use just had our debit cards compromised so I had to shut them down.  Can't get new ones issued until we get back to Florida this winter.

Did a little math and if I could have saved between .30 and .45 a gallon this summer I would have an additional $300 to $350 in my pocket, over what my .9 a gallon Pilot/Flying J discount was.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:46 PM, FIVE said:

I've noticed several posters mention Loves, what about Flying J and Pilot?

TA/Petro have between $0.30 to $0.40 a gallon on average.  PFJ only has about a $0.05 cent discount so the PFJ card is the better deal.  Love's is about the same as TA/Petro - not much difference that I can see based on today's rates.

CiskHG, we are talking about the discounts for the TSD Logistics EFS Card and typically Loves has a $0.40 discount.  Some stations have less but TSD has a web site (with password) that states what each participating Loves prices are. Not all Loves will offer that discount.

32 minutes ago, CiskidHG said:

Which Love's program offers the best discount for RVs?

Wayne beat me to it. The program in this case works at Loves, but it is not a Loves' program. It is a negotiated price program run by TSD.

45 minutes ago, Elkhartjim said:

The TSD Logistics program is for diesel fuel only.

I just printed the application for TSD and it has a list of services and fuels including gasoline and propane that you check off to identify the items  that can be charged to your account.

Jim

It was my understanding that the only thing available for RV users was the diesel and def. Found after that it's also possible to use for cash advance (within the limit set) at some stations, like Loves.

I use Loves very seldom.  Several reasons behind that.  I get my 5 to 8 cent per gallon off, by paying cash now...I'm in a Truck Stop, when my trip odometer reads 650-700 miles & that equals 99-105 gal.  If you use Loves a lot, then I can see a massive saving of $40+ per 100 gal.  Unlike most folks, I don't have more that 2 CC/Debit cards!  I only have them, because you got to have one to fly anywhere!  

6 hours ago, F433921 said:

I just printed the application for TSD and it has a list of services and fuels including gasoline and propane that you check off to identify the items  that can be charged to your account.

Jim

My suggestion would be to call them and ask. I haven't heard any gasser comment on fuel cost/savings on any of the forums I visit.

TSD recently negotiated better discounts at Pilot and Flying J.  They're similar to TA/Petro now, depending on location.  Just happened within the last week.  Love's still gives the best deal on average.  If you tie the card to the Love's reward app, you will get the receipt immediately (showing the pump price prior to the discount).  You will immediately get the discounted price via the EFS app on your phone.  

It only works in the trucker lanes in the back of the stations for diesel and DEF.  It will NOT work in the auto lanes, therefore not a viable tool for gas coaches.

Wow! I was just going over the prices for the 29th and the Pilot prices are closer to the Love's price savings. Great work TSD.

This has been beat up pretty good, but we set up the account before our down and cross country trip.  My first fillip was at FJ, and was only .05 discount, but during the trip the negotiated the FJ discount.  I mainly used Loves the rest of the way.  

For this concerned about security, let me ask, do you have any auto pay programs?  Sat service?  Loan payment etc?  This is the same, except it would not be a same recurring charge.

I did set up a separate account, not so much for that security, but to watch expenses.  I have arrived at winter spot, and will look at what the trip was in cost and savings.  

Bottom line the program works and is safe.

WA1RI de KE5QG,

Agree, I don't see any more security risk with TSD than any other ACH recurring withdrawal. ACH is so nice when one travels.

p.s., nice place on alabaster.