floydfowler

sliding closet mirror door replacement -2001 Holiday Rambler Imperial

I need to replace closet door which has cracked but would like to replace entire frame  and hardware as the finish is peeling off and rollers are worn.  Sticker says Consolidated Glass Mirror but I have been unable to locate any info on them.

18 hours ago, floydfowler said:

I need to replace closet door which has cracked but would like to replace entire frame  and hardware as the finish is peeling off and rollers are worn.  Sticker says Consolidated Glass Mirror but I have been unable to locate any info on them.

Floyd, You might try and contact Them at this link and see if they supplied the OEM  Door as a starting point.

https://www.cgcglass.com/contact-us/

Rich.

Floydfowler, if you find another alternative please post it. We have an 02 Imperial and I’d love to remove those mirror doors and replace with something else. 

I considered building new doors from wood and having something put on it, logo phrases. We really do not like those giant mirrors.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Floydfowler, if you find another alternative please post it. We have an 02 Imperial and I’d love to remove those mirror doors and replace with something else. 

I considered building new doors from wood and having something put on it, logo phrases. We really do not like those giant mirrors.

I would check with DW first before removing those mirrors.  They may complain about them but try to remove them.  😲

I am slowly replacing all mirrors inside with mirrored stainless steel. I use 20 gauge and keep watching Ebay for bargains, the one in my bathroom is 36"X48", cost $46.00, has been there four years now and nobody knows the difference unless I tell them. A nice wooden frame is easy to make and one can break up the look by using a picture or paneling for part and the steel for the other part. Barn door style has become a craze lately and the roller hardware is cheap and works much better than those original slides ever did. Oh yes, if you like the frameless look, most good sheet metal shops can brake the sides for a near perfect look. For what it may be worth, Lowes carries a large assortment parts for sliding doors, mirrors, etc., carry what needs replacing and ask for help.

bath_mirror.jpg

Rich. I use 20 for these type projects, it is also beautiful as a backsplash, cleans up with regular glass cleaner unless a lot of grease buildup, in this case I use Dawn dish soap then polish with Windex and news paper, LOL. Thinner will wrinkle too badly.  To install on a plywood backing, contractors glue in a caulking gun lasts for years.

2 hours ago, huffypuff said:

I would check with DW first before removing those mirrors.  They may complain about them but try to remove them.  😲

We have one full size mirror on the pocket door between the shower and kitchen. She said that’s enough. Your probably right Puff! Then it will be too much wood :ph34r:

Guys, thanks for the replies.  I will follow Rich's suggestion with contacting the manufacturer tomorrow.  

We really like the look of the mirrors as they make the bedroom appear much larger, according to the DW ,so enough said about that.  These doors have a backing on them to prevent shattering of the glass.  I haven't checked locally yet  to see if it is available.  We just returned today from a five week trip out west to Wy. and points between but I plan to get  on this tomorrow.

Acrylic (plexiglass) mirror sheets are available at most glass shops if just replacing the glass will suffice. Let the pro's cut it for you and DO NOT use any adhesive on the back to hold it in place.

Ok, I finally found the sliding mirror door manufacturer, Renin Corp.  their products appear to be just like my old doors but with upgraded bottom and top rollers. I had good conversation with manufacturer's customer service rep and he referred me to Lowes or Home depot to order the non-stock size I needed.  I stopped in at the local Lowes and got the door ordered.  Their brand is Reliabilt but manufacturer is Renin Corp. They have several finishes available and DW wanted brushed nickle so that is what we got. Price with NC tax is $223.73 (military discount) and ready for pickup at store in 21 days.  Another problem solved but I know another opportunity with pop up soon enough, always does! 😎