BONIGO

Driver needed from Rockport TX to Corpus Christi TX

Have 45' Class A diesel motorhome in Rockport TX 78382 that needs to be driven to a repair shop in Corpus Christi TX  (about 1 hour drive). My vision has diminished greatly and not feel comfortable in attempting to drive the motorhome. It would take approximate 2 days for repair then will need the motorhome driven back to Rockport TX and returned to the open storage area. Motorhome has hitch to tow a vehicle. Contact: 361-230-2096 or bontrips@gmail.com

You might want to check with your insurance and make sure a hired driver will be insured. Like Carl asked, year, make and model of motorhome. Is the motorhome prepped for a braking system (kind), lighting and tow bar.

2007 Newmar Essex model 4502 with approximately 50,000 miles on Cumins diesel engine.

Distance to drive probably less than 50 miles.

My State Farm agent said a licensed driver would be covered.

Tow hitch has wiring plug to connect for lights on vehicle being towed. I used with Blue Ox tow bar.

Not aware of any auxiliary brake system for towed vehicle; has original motorhome brakes.

You might call FMCA and inquire about local drivers. I believe they have/had a program where members volunteered to drive motorhomes. It may be worth a call. Good luck.

With all the camp grounds in that area I'm surprised that someone locally could not help you with this. I wish we were down in the area as I would do it for free. Just be a good neighbor.  Good luck.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Elkhartjim said:

You might call FMCA and inquire about local drivers. I believe they have/had a program where members volunteered to drive motorhomes. It may be worth a call. Good luck.

Yes, this is supposed to be on of the benefits of being an FMCA member.