Sign in to follow this  
eric@babin.com

Sealing Roof / Class A

2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

I had a small leak which I THINK was coming from where the front cap attaches to the roof. 

About this same time a friend of mine began having pretty bad issues with his roof on a 2004 Winnebago Vectra. I didn't want to be like him....  My roof was in decent shape, but why wait for catastrophe? 

I decided to seal my roof.  Prior to this year the coach had been outside / not covered 100% of the time. Now it's covered when we are at home.... maybe 5 or so months per year.

I wish I got a "before" picture but did not.

A little research lead me to using Henry's Tropicool seam repair for the joints and roof coating for the rest. 

Here are the results..... I'll keep you posted regarding my satisfaction over time.

I can tell you it is easy as pie to apply..... not sure how much it would have cost to have it done by a "professional" but my total cost was $320 and about 2 hours of my time. ($240 for 4.75 gallons of roof sealant, $60 for 1 gallon of seam repair, $20 for brushes, rollers, tape.)  The 4.75 gallons was more than enough for the job... I have about 1 gallon or so left and will probably hit the thin spots with that tomorrow.... Be sure you get the right stuff... the "seam repair" is very very thick.... you will not be able to brush this on... use a putty knife... obviously it is for the seams.... the roof coating is slightly thicker than paint and can be rolled on..... obviously this is to cover the majority of the roof.

The rumor is this stuff will also help with the heat.... we'll be in Florida most of next spring.... we'll see! 

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg