tommiefern

Sprint MiFi -good or bad?

Apparently there are no 5g hotspots with antenna connections.

I wish it had them, I am in a sprint extended LTE area, T-Mobile 5g area. According to the map.

My Inseego M2000 is showing 1 bar 4g LTE and I'm only getting 1.32 mbps download speed.  

It just arrived yesterday afternoon, I need to drive around the area today and see if it gets any better. 

The 9600 baud modem I had in the early 90's loaded web pages faster.

I'm a full timer also.

Mine was delivered to the rv park. I don't know if the rv park host signed for it or if it was left on the porch. She brought it to my site. There is nothing on the label that says it needs a signature. Might be something in the handheld unit they carry.

Viking1500, Welcome to the Forum.

I would also like to hear of a good booster for my Sprint Connect unit. We live in the country in an all metal house. Not a good combination for coverage.

Herman

For past few years, have had Verizon Jetpack, an iPad and our 2 phones -- Noticed on trip west and back that Verizon is now REALLY - REALLY  throttling back the speeds after limit ... Had 90GB monthly which usually ran out in 2 weeks or so. ..Got the Sprint M2000 on Thursday in Madison WI.......... Was hoping to connect printer and computer to it .....Tried it there Thurs PM... poor ... Tried it Friday and again Saturday in Wausau and north of there... service lousy - couldn't even keep connected to google.com ........So we have this unlimited M2000 that won't even stay connected to the internet.... will be on trip to and in MN next week, then IA the following week at rallies ... sure hope it works better in those areas.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, hermanmullins said:

Viking1500, Welcome to the Forum.

I would also like to hear of a good booster for my Sprint Connect unit. We live in the country in an all metal house. Not a good combination for coverage.

Herman

We have a SureCall booster that has done well for us in areas where struggled to get any reception.  We purchased the home version as it has a stronger signal (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGY4TE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)