hudstur

Insurance Comprehensive/Collision

Insurance on my Tiffin Allegro Red 33AA Comprehensive & Collision.   Total replacement cost purchase price OR Assessed value upon incident???  Which one?    Any suggestions on insurance carriers?

The bottom line is that if your coach is totaled, the insurance company will pay the insured value or blue book value, which ever is lower.  I've heard others give different opinions on this forum.  The preceding information was given to me by two different reps of two different insurance companies.

Depends on how much of the risk you choose to carry yourself. If you get the replacement cost insurance, you're going to pay more for the coverage but less should you ever have a claim.

I have progressive and have had it for 11 years. For the first 5 year of a new purchase they will replace the MH from the same manufacturer.  After 5 years they will pay me what I paid for it.

I lost my 2008 MH to Hurricane Harvey. Progressive had not trouble paying me what I paid for it.  Gave me a good down-payment on the one I have now. Insurance is only good if something happens and you have to use it. In my case, stuff happened and I was extremely glad I had it. The payout from the insurance company exceeded what I paid in.  Yes, it could have gone the other way. Why do we have any insurance? Just in case.

Personally, I'd do it all over again and get full replacement cost. I have it now also.