jsdelrie

Front Tire Replacement on Class A

My question is about front tire replacement on 2014 Georgetown 351ds. One tire (driver's side) is in real bad shape. It is a Sailun 678 installed by the previous owner. Both front tires were apparently replaced at the same time.  I know the first step is to have alignment checked since it appears that the tire is worn unevenly.  After that should I just replace the one tire or do I need to replace both. The passenger side tire looks great and is barely worn.

I'd replace both to keep handling the same on both sides.

Wouldn't hurt to have the hub inspected while it's in for the alignment just to be sure there are no other.

Check the DOT date code on the tires. On a 2014 coach, those tires may be OEM (original equipment), if so the tires could be 5 to 6 years old. Most owners want to change the tires at about 6 to 7 years anyway. If they are that old, I would change both at the same time, if newer than that, if you can buy a matching tire, then I would just replace the one. Others probably have other ideas, but since the fronts are not duals, a slight difference in  diameter or circumference is not that big of a deal. Welcome to the forum.

Both tires are Sailun. It appears they were both new at the same time but the driver's side has really bad wear, with cupping. I don't think either tire has more than 12,000 miles but one is worn out and the other has minimal wear. I was going to replace the one worn tire with another Sailun to see if alignment helps before I replace all the tires with Goodyear or Michelin.

If the wear is truly cupping, the most likely culprit is worn or broken shocks and or other suspension parts. Four wheel alignment is definitely in order, but take care of those shocks and springs first.

I have a post on how to soften the blow to your wallet when confronted with changing tires that focuses on keeping the best tires on the front when all tires are the same size.

I do agree that if there is a significant difference in the fronts I would consider changing the pair. If one tire still looks OK you can always sell it locally