Wow Kay, many states have a total length limit of 60 feet and some even less, then they state 40 foot length for a motorhome. My MH is 43 feet, and with the car puts me at 58.6 feet, then there is the tow bar. A 45 foot MH would be over the 60' mark towing a typical vehicle.

Then there is the total length 60 feet and MH can only be 40 feet, Screwy laws,

If you noticed Alabama, my home state is 57 feet, my coach is 41.5 feet, the Jeep is 14 and the towbar is 4, that puts me over, what a wonderful world.:wub:

48 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

If you noticed Alabama, my home state is 57 feet, my coach is 41.5 feet, the Jeep is 14 and the towbar is 4, that puts me over, what a wonderful world.:wub:

Kay, NJ still has on the books no semi trailers over a certain length (can’t remember what length) but it was a few feet under 53’, yet 53’ trailers are all over the state.

Probably something that needs updated in most states and was forgotten about or low on the list.

Per the measurement taken at pre-boarding for the Ferry in Canada.  My coach is 47' 3", plus toad = 64' 10.5" !  My Jeep is 15' 5" (That includes my spare tire).  We took 2 Ferry rides...they measure each time!  I have never been stopped by a LEO in any State, Mexico or Canada in 34 years of towing!