mailman

What brand to buy, is a Senior GPS that is user friendly

In the world of GPS today, I am curious what is the best GPS to buy?

Features a way to import the trip to the device.

Maybe we should address software and Hardware.

Tim the Mailman

We have the Rand Mcnally Overdryve RV. I like that i can create a trip on computer and drag my route how “I” want to go and go over to GPS and load it and go.

May I relate my experience with my Rand McNally  RVND 7730 GPS unit?(BTW, the branded Good Sam 7735 is the exact same unit) I bought it in May 2013 for $379(I think). When I finally got it properly set-up it was very accurate, and complied with my settings preferences. In 2017 it would not download a new issue of map updates, I had to phone RM, talk with a technician and explain the issue. He took control of my computer-with my permission, and forced a map update/download. That is the last update it has ever received or even notified me one was available for download.

I called RM technical support last week about the lack of a map update and was told if one was available the RM Dock software would notify me of such, which it hasn't during the past 2 years. He  then had the gall to ask me how long I think I should receive lifetime map updates; to which I replied "as long as the GPS unit lives". He said "after all, it is going on 7 yrs old, how long do you think it should last?" I replied, "my old Garmin was 12 yrs old and worked fine, downloaded lifetime map update too - until I dropped and broke it".

This will be my last Rand McNally Gps. I now use TruckerPath phone app, it does the same thing, height,weight, length, except no RV stuff, specifically heavy duty OTR truck mapping. It is free, which works fine for my usage, a paid-version has many more features.

I stopped paying for gps when I got the rand mcnally piece of junk a few years ago and sent for refund.  I been using google maps ever since with no problems.  You also get traffic updates.  

48 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

I stopped paying for gps when I got the rand mcnally piece of junk a few years ago and sent for refund.  I been using google maps ever since with no problems.  You also get traffic updates.  

Same here, Google Maps works great. I typically map out prior to leaving home, check the Campgrounds website and when we get closer we pull it up and let it talk us into the campground unless the CG has directions on their website, if so we follow their recommendations.