debc6520

Residential freezer not working

Has anyone ever had a problem with their residential maytag refrigerator, specifically the freezer not working?  The refrigerator is working but the freezer is not- any suggestions??  

Is this model a dual controlled model? This means that it will have a separate control tor the freezer unit, if it does, you may have one of two issues, the freezer could be stuck in defrost mode, or the control for the freezer may have gone bad. If stuck in defrost mode, sometimes just unplugging and replugging will reset it, not too often though.

I clean all seals in our fridges, coach & 3 S&B's, every 6 month's!  Never a problem from any brand, including commercial.

Weather it's a retrofit or not there should be a time when it should be slid out for cleaning.  Dust bunnies, fan stopped, poor air circulation, you name it.  

6 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Weather it's a retrofit or not there should be a time when it should be slid out for cleaning.  Dust bunnies, fan stopped, poor air circulation,

This is very true on the older model residential fridges, the coils were on the back. The newer ones that are self defrosting do not have those coils on the back, but the front kickplate should be removed frequently and first vacuumed then with a good amount of air pressure blown out, the condenser coils are located down under and the evaporator coils are between the insulation and the inside shell of the newer fridges. I do like to leave at least an inch between the back of the fridge and the inside wall, coach or home, and that area needs to be cleaned as well for better ventilation.

8 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Weather it's a retrofit or not there should be a time when it should be slid out for cleaning.  Dust bunnies, fan stopped, poor air circulation, you name it.  

YUP preventative maintenance.

This was one of the reasons I went with the GE. I can remove my old exterior wall access and everything is right there. No need to remove it for cleaning.