dbelanger

Sanitizing fresh water aftermath

Just put bleach into my fresh water system. Many years ago I had a procedure that added a step: after draining the bleach solution out add fresh water with X amount of baking soda to the fresh water system, leave it in there for X hours then replace the tankfull with clean water. This was supposed to eliminate the residual taste. Does anyone have info to fill in the X's

You gotta love Google.

We used a half cup of baking soda to a fresh water tank. Our fresh water tank is about 55 gallons. This is after putting 1/4 cup of bleach to every 15 gallons of waterin fresh water tank. We drain the tank and fill tank with 1/4 cup baking soda and fillfresh water.

That is exactly what the RV water tank freshener sold at Camping World and other stores contains, baking soda.

When I replace the sanitized tank with water I just go with fresh. To me, a little odor elimination from the fresh water tank is not worth the trouble, but then my nose is 75 years old.