Mimipapa8

Loss of 12 v power when disconnecting from shore power

I am very new to the RV world and assume that I am doing something wrong.  Upon disconnecting from shore power at my last stop, I lost 12 v power to my instrument panel as well as to the RV.  Upon reconnections at the next location, I had power to all outlets.  I did have 110 v power from the inverter as the refrigerator continued to operate while on the road. Any suggestions.

2 hours ago, Mimipapa8 said:

I am very new to the RV world and assume that I am doing something wrong.  Upon disconnecting from shore power at my last stop, I lost 12 v power to my instrument panel as well as to the RV.  Upon reconnections at the next location, I had power to all outlets.  I did have 110 v power from the inverter as the refrigerator continued to operate while on the road. Any suggestions.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Could you post the Make, Model and Year of your Coach or Trailer for the group ? There are so many different manufactures and not knowing what class or style  RV you are asking about makes it difficult to offer some information that would be relevant.

Rich.

Mimipapa8, Welcome to the FMCA Forums!

When you say you lost 12v power to the instrument panel, do you mean the dash gauges etc were dead or the house control panel went dead? 

My first instinct is your house batteries are weak, when connected you are powering everything off of the charger/inverter, while driving the coach alternator is keeping everything alive.

3 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Could you post the Make, Model and Year of your Coach or Trailer for the group ? There are so many different manufactures and not knowing what class or style  RV you are asking about makes it difficult to offer some information that would be relevant.

Rich.

I have a 2017 Thor Chateau 31W

Thor has been very responsive to requests for information in most cases. Including the 12 and 120 volt wiring information.

You might want to call and ask for technical help.

Rich.