fhuntington

one leveling jack does not fully extend

My left rear leveling jack does not full extend on auto mode.  Works OK on on manual mode.  On auto mode the two front levelers extend.  The the right rear leveler extend to the ground.  Then left rear leveler extends to the ground.  Then right rear leveler extends further lifting the left rear leveler off the ground.  The the auto system stops with the left rear lever off the ground.  

14 minutes ago, fhuntington said:

My left rear leveling jack does not full extend on auto mode.  Works OK on on manual mode.  On auto mode the two front levelers extend.  The the right rear leveler extend to the ground.  Then left rear leveler extends to the ground.  Then right rear leveler extends further lifting the left rear leveler off the ground.  The the auto system stops with the left rear lever off the ground.  

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Could you post the Make, Model and year of you coach along with leveling system installed?

To Get relevant information.

Could be a sensor, calibration or  something else.

Rich.

Keep it simple check fluid level.

Than start looking for leaks, than the device controller .

Phone the company customer service .

I had a problem with another brand it was fix with a part replacement , phone call away  zero  charged.

Tim the mailman

Thanks to both Rich and Tim:

Fluid level is good and I see no leaks.  I'm thinking Rich's suggestion that it may  be a sensor is a good one.  I will contact tech services and see if I can get more specifics.

Thanks again.

Frank

A typical hydraulic ram only needs pressure on the correct side to extend. I am not familiar with you system, a sensor that controls a solenoid to open that hydraulic valve for a particular jack would certainly make sense.

You definitely want to speak to the manufacturer. Testing hydraulic pressure is not typically something a DIY’er can perform. They might have a way to test the electronics and rule those out first. 

Let us know how you make out. 

On auto, the way it works.  Right side goes down first, then left side if that  levels the chassis, it goes dormant, if not then right side will tweek the level to computers level.  Note. The computer must be set at zero, before it can accurately give you a level coach when needed. 

Frank and Carl .

Thinking The one jack has a sensor issue. The computer will auto level when it has all the data required to complete the task.

The jacks have sensors that tell the computer a particular jack has made contact with the ground and the the next jack in the sequence is lowered. 

When all the jacks are on the ground the level of the coach is checked and then the low corner is raised until coach is level. 

A defective sensor, bad wiring or connection will cause a problem. I have witnessed a problem with blown fuse causing leveling issues. The appropriate valve an powering the hydraulic pump in short quick pulses can blow the main power fuse. Although that is not the issue in this case.

Rich.