Sign in to follow this  
hhornig

Duo-Therm Comfort Control Center

My Duo-Therm Comfort Control Center requires pushing the buttons several times to get it to change modes and it is getting worse. I understand there was an article in the FMCA magazine several years ago on how to repair these beasts. How do I find that article?

I have looked back through 2009 which is the earliest on file here on the web. I did not find any article on this subject. I also tried a web search with no relevant results. I found the Duo-Therm manual on line but beyond wiping off the unit, they have no other maintenance suggestions. I'm still looking...

I recently upgraded my control and boards in the units themselves. Still sorting out the data connect issues, may have to take it to a dealer.

Anybody have information on switch settings or data connectivity between the control units and air conditioner 1 and 2?

I have to install paper work that came with the coach (2005), it has the pin switch settings. If you want me to email that to you, I will be glad to. My email address is prness@yahoo.com.

Subj: Inquiry of 4 Button Thermostat

DON ---

--- Here is my canned reply to an inquiry

I refurbish DuoTherm 4 Button thermostats - part #310 6463.007, I have a very limited number available on an Exchange Basis. Give me your NAME - ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER, tell me you are an honest person and I will send a refurbished, cleaned, sanitized & tested thermostat via Priority Mail --on the Honor System. You install, see it work then send me your check for $100.00 (plus $10.00 shipping) ALONG WITH THE OLD THERMOSTAT. That makes this a no risk, no down time transaction.

I DO NOT SELL OUTRIGHT -- THIS MUST BE AN EXCHANGE SALE -- THERE IS A CORE CHARGE OF $100.00 IF YOU DO NOT SEND ME THE OLD THERMOSTAT.

A return postage paid USPS shipping label will be enclosed for your convenience and you can re-use the box.

TWO provisions - THE DISPLAY ON THE EXCHANGE THERMOSTAT MUST WORK and I NEED THE OLD THERMOSTAT RETURNED WITHIN 7 DAYS.

If your LCD Display IS DEAD, CONSIDER GOING TO THE CURRENT 5 BUTTON SYSTEM FOR $200.00 - (ONE AIRCOND) - WITH INSTRUCTIONS.

PLEASE NOTE --- IF YOUR PROBLEM IS --

If FURNACE does not show on the display - that is a furnace problem and another thermostat will not fix that.

If you have 2 or 3 air cond and you cant change zones AND a zone number will not appear on the display, that is a connection problem with the communications cable and another thermostat will not fix that until you correct the communination cable problem.

From time to time I have other thermostats and upper boards available.

Let me know. William Hendrix , 370 Baker Lane Erie, CO 80516 303 809 6006