hicottondestin@aol.com

Grand Canyon

You can hop on the shuttle in the Grand Canyon Park and travel west through the park, stopping at many viewpoints. Lots of hiking in the area. Personally I don't hike, so I would want a car. If you basecamp in Williams you can take the Grand Canyon Railway up to the park, then a very short (one block) walk to the shuttles and tour the rim. But there is so much to see in the area. Flagstaff, Sedonna, Sunset Crator, the East side of the Canyon through Indian country. So my suggestion: Basecamp at Circle of Pines KOA in Williams, lots of trees, nice pool, I like the place. Rent a car in Williams or Flagstaff (15minutes east) and see the countryside.

However you plan it you will have a great time.

Last year we stayed at the Trailer Village campground which is the only campground with hookups right next to the park. I would call it adequate for your needs with most sites fairly level and ok hookups. The nice thing is that the park shuttle has a stop at the entrance to this park so you can see most of the canyon without having to rent a car or tow one. I thnk the cost is a little steep, but again, you're paying for the convience for hookups and being close.

I didn't pay attention to the size of the sites, so I don't know how many will accomodate your rig, but I know there were many large 5th wheels parked there and they seemed to have plenty of room.

Chris Guenther

F3508S

33' Southwind.

p.s. You may have seen photos/video of the canyon, but you'll still be amazed once you see it in person!!