lylefikse

Hot air under kitchen sink

We have a 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 with the Oasis heating system.  We have something going on that makes it very hot in the cabinet under the kitchen sink.  This is only the case when the Oasis is running, either on electric or the burner.  I have checked the bypass switch and it is in the right position.  Thinking maybe a bad check valve.  What do you think?  Anyone else with this problem?

lyle, it could be there is inadequate insulation in your Aqua Hot unit. Just for grins lay a layer of some sort of insulation on top of the unit to see if that cut down on the heat. If so it may warrant a call to Aqua Hot. 800-685-4298 

Herman

I'm a brand-new Newmar owner, longtime RV'er.  My wife noticed this during the inspection; technical guru giving us the orientation said it was inherent to DSDPs of our vintage. I missed his explanation, but noticed a lot of electronics there. Mine is hot, whether or not the Oasis is on.

Our problem was a stuck check valve.  I hit it a few times with a hammer (lightly) and it started working properly.  Has been fine for nearly a week now.  Thanks for all the suggestions.