klparker

Algae in fuel tank

1 hour ago, Elkhartjim said:

I sure hope Mike eventually chimes in.  He could educate us or at least me quickly.

I was hoping the same.

The issue we experienced could have been contained up here in the North East. I Never asked that question.

Jim/ bought many thousands of gallons  of diesel in Texas. My three main sources  were  one of the original Flying Js in Amarillo on my way to or from the west coast. Always busy. San Antonio Flying Jwas also a very busy fuel stop. Unloaded really large air conditioning compressors that were built in York PA. and shipped mostly into Mexico. Used often on roof tops for A/C,  York Corp; now Johnson Controls. Flying J Dallas was also usually very busy to and fro for me. Lived in Texas as a kid. Goodfellow AFB / SanAngelo . Big time polio epidemic and I survived  4 and 1/2 years  total . Yes I loved Texas. Bigger than life.

Joe/ remember buying a lot of fuel in our home state of PA. Got compliments from the shop that serviced my big rigs over the years. Used Racor fuel/water separators . Did not sell my last rig until May of 2012. Was not sure that I wanted to quit but Betty wanted me home after her Mom died. PA pumps are marked 10% bio diesel. Never a problem. Was I blessed😎. Probably not. In the 90's  there were two big moves on removing most sulphur from diesel fuel. The second removal caused me a road call with additives and a propane heater to get going. The  mechanic at least brought me a big cup of coffee.

Brett/ I will order the biocide you recommended. 

Goodness/ has it gotten that bad?

9 hours ago, obedb said:

Goodness/ has it gotten that bad?

Seems to be hit or miss.

The Pilot on I-81 as you are headed up the Mountain in Lebanon area is HORRIBLE. I cant count on one hand how many times I have had breakdowns that pulled out of there in the winter months. Most cannot get up the mountain, if headed south you can coast into Harrisburg if your lucky. I have a mobile maintenance vendor in Hegins PA, I swear I put his kid through college :wacko:.

They run a B20 from their pumps, I don't know why but once it hits the atmosphere it turns into Butter.