thirdrock44

Polymer Coatings

I am in the process of updating to a new coach. The dealer is promoting or at the least suggesting I may want or need a paint protection product. Opinions?

I had that done to my daughters Honda. I wasn't impressed with the overall result, but I negotiated it in. I have heard good things on the new Ceramic coating process. 

What is the product and the cost?

These add on dealer items are profit items for the dealer. Like the fabric coatings and of course the add on warranties. Moste do little and cost much. I would look and see what the factory finish/coatings are.

Bill

5 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

These add on dealer items are profit items for the dealer. Like the fabric coatings and of course the add on warranties. Moste do little and cost much. I would look and see what the factory finish/coatings are.

Bill

Agree.  It's like the old undercoat scam...which some dealers still run.  Most of that dealer add on equipment is not needed, and is way over priced.

Been in that process for 2 years now!  So many pro's & con's on new one...then there is CC or Beaver, pre 2007 & total remodeling!

I use the Meguiar Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my car and pickup and very impressed with it.  It is so easy to apply that I'm going to do the coach next.  I'm including a link about it.    Only cost about $20 and can do about 8 cars.  

I put it on the coach today and took me the better part of the day as the first coat is the base coat.  Looks impressive and I actually seen some fine tree branch scratches disappear.  After the base coat recoating every year or so is pure magic.  

6 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Does it make removing bugs off the the front the coach any easier? 

Herman 

It worked well for the car and truck of preventing them from sticking in the first place.  I haven't driving the coach yet in bug country or during the bug season to tell.  Best thing for you to try on one of your smaller vehicle and see how it works for you.  

Took a couple of pictures today after the ceramic wax and wheels cleaning.  Not bad looking for a 14 year old coach.  

Starting getting it ready for snowbirding

Front.thumb.jpg.c39892bf2d16a1de437bef9539e396e7.jpg

You can see brilliant reflection on the back and sides.  

Rear.thumb.jpg.1aa0f33efee7c41372a47d5216f50590.jpg

Looking good Ray! 

I watched the video and i will most likely give this a run next season. Setting up my scaffold and waxing the coach with an orbital buffer was getting old :)

Any improvement on Love Bugs or sugar Bees, not sticking, is worth gold.  Got to wait a couple of day's, too darn cold & windy!  Feel temp is 28 this morning, actual is 39...

lol @ dummy me. I was trying to make out what it said on the side of your coach then realized it

was reflections of the windows... Nice shine!

17 hours ago, jleamont said:

Looking good Ray! 

I watched the video and i will most likely give this a run next season. Setting up my scaffold and waxing the coach with an orbital buffer was getting old :)

I imagine that spraying the side with the ceramic wax mix and hosing off will be lot easier.  I'm hoping to keep clean with micro towel on a stick between treatment. 

10 hours ago, DBenoit said:

lol @ dummy me. I was trying to make out what it said on the side of your coach then realized it

was reflections of the windows... Nice shine!

Thank You.  Wasn't hard work at all except my 66 years is making me feel it the next day.  

At 78 you'll feel it in minutes.

Got back from our 5 month trip and had it detailed in the driveway. They use a canuba wax. It really looked good when they were done. I did see a few tree branch scratches and maybe the ceramic will take them out - we'll see.

Tell us, were you able to do the motorhome with one bottle of spray?

17 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

I did see a few tree branch scratches and maybe the ceramic will take them out - we'll see.

Just a few minor beauty marks.:D

Bill 

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

At 78 you'll feel it in minutes.

Got back from our 5 month trip and had it detailed in the driveway. They use a canuba wax. It really looked good when they were done. I did see a few tree branch scratches and maybe the ceramic will take them out - we'll see.

Tell us, were you able to do the motorhome with one bottle of spray?

I bet one bottle will do 3 motorhomes.  My one bottle done the car twice, the pickup once and the motorhome once including the wheels.