five

EFS Card

I just received my EFS card in the mail.  In the second paragraph of the PIN instructions it says, "Your first time logging in you will notice a $200 advance.  Please note that this is not your daily limit for fuel.  This is a cash advance that comes on all our cards in case you need extra cash on you."

That makes no sense...they like to say it is a cash "advance" but it is sounds like it is actually a $200 debit of my account.  If so, when do we get it back and what if we decide not to use their card, what happens to the $200 they have?  I put a call into the company but have not as yet heard back.

I believe they are talking about a $200 limit on cash advances, not that they are actually taking a $200 from your account. I just double checked my bank's online records, and there is no indication that EFS or TSD ever pulled a $200 debit from my account.

A cash advance is a cash ADVANCE, it simply means that in the event you need cash, you can use the card to get up to $200.00, like an emergency perhaps. You will billed on the first statement that comes after the advance is used, if never, then you will never be billed.

It's like an ATM withdrawal without the fee.  But you have to go inside to get your cash.  Too bad they don't have little ATM cash dispensers at the pump.

What they said.  If you need to purchase something inside the store, don't have any other type of funds, you can use that card up to $200 to make your purchase. Then, and only then, will you be billed for your advance.

It was my understanding that the cash advance feature is there more for the commercial drivers than for RV drivers, as it provides a way for companies to give their drivers a daily 'allowance' to cover meals and incidentals. If you don't need it don't use it. The only discount is the fuel discount.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Wayne, I would think that you can use any CC in store, or do you get a discount on store purchase also?

Yes, any CC is good in the store. Sometime it is nice to have a little cash in the pocket and if low the EFS card will get you up to $200 in cash.  An example for an RV'er is say you are going to an RV park that is cash only and you are low. You could get a cash advance to have the cash in your pocket.

It's a no brainer. If a person doesn't want to use it they don't have to. If they are pressed and need the cash, its there.

Okay, thanks guys, I'm convinced.  Maybe they need to make the verbiage a bit easier to understand.  Saying they are going to give me "a $200 advance" doesn't compute.  However I think I can live with their limit of 950 gallons of diesel per day.😝

FMCA just announced a new fuel discount card. From the web site.

"It’s why we are excited to introduce the TCS Fuel Discount Card to help FMCA members save on diesel fuel, with discounts available at almost 1,100 locations nationwide! FUEL DISCOUNTS – TCS Fuel Card users can save an average of $0.34 per gallon on diesel fuel at in-network locations (savings can range between $0.05 and $0.70 per gallon)"

Bill

13 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

TCS Fuel Discount Card to help FMCA members save on diesel fuel,

I just signed up for this on the FMCA home page. 

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

I just signed up for this on the FMCA home page. 

Joe, were you able to find out how they are paid and is there a place to see current prices in specific areas? Until recently, TSD sent an email daily with prices, now its on their website. 

From what I read it’s TA and Petro. The link didn’t really spell out what fueling locations and where. Perhaps the APP will once you actually sign up. It also appears you have to recharge the card or go inside to pay. I am good with that but I wanted an actual credit card so that was a little disappointing.

I figured it would give us more options while traveling and that’s what we really need. Currently we only have the GS Pilot card, which we use often. 

I might also look into a Loves Credit card. If it turns the pumps on at the truck island I’ll be all for it. 

36 minutes ago, jleamont said:

From what I read it’s TA and Petro. The link didn’t really spell out what fueling locations and where. Perhaps the APP will once you actually sign up. It also appears you have to recharge the card or go inside to pay. I am good with that but I wanted an actual credit card so that was a little disappointing.

I figured it would give us more options while traveling and that’s what we really need. Currently we only have the GS Pilot card, which we use often. 

I might also look into a Loves Credit card. If it turns the pumps on at the truck island I’ll be all for it. 

If you are looking into the Loves credit card just to turn on the pump, all you need is the Loves app. ASFIK you can load any payment card into the Loves app wallet. As long as you have a payment card loaded into the Loves app it's supposed to allow you to start the pump from the app. I use the Loves app with the TSD/EFS card and it works fine.

Jim, I don’t want something linked to our bank accounts. I’ve gotten hacked two times. Now I don’t even use a debit card. Cash or credit and pay it off. 

Gotcha. I have a separate account that I just transfer money to. Reading about the FMCA card I can't understand if they send an invoice or ..... Do you know how you find out the prices? Where does the FMCA card make money?

Right now the FMCA card through TSC is a big mystery. I've downloaded the app, but it's useless until you have a card. Maybe when they start making the phone calls to complete the setup procedure this will make more sense. It's starting to sound like the program the Prevost owners group had before they switched to the TSD program.

I have my card through TSD Logistics and it is working great for me. I researched the TCS card mentioned on the FMCA site and it addresses trucking companies only. 

With my TSD/EFS card I averaged 47 cents a gallon discount on my last trip from Springfield, IL to Pigeon Forge, TN and back using LOVES. They charge me 10% of my savings and take it directly from the account I provided.

TCS doesn't give any specifics about their charges. They indicate that if you use their contracted providers there is no charge but their average discount is 30 cents which I have received up to 76 cents a gallon discount.

For me I'll stick with TSD - they provide instant feedback via phone or email and now post their discounts on their website for members to see plus the EFS app shows me the discounted price immediately.

Best wishes ya'll - Richard