timnjulie

Motorhome storage lights

Recently I was going to replace a few burned out light bulbs in the 38' Damon Astoria storage basement area.  I turned on the lights but nothing happened in any of the compartments. Obviously I figured it was a breaker or fuse. With my limited experience (new 1st time motorhome owner) I looked at  all the fuses and double checked the breakers and did not find any problems,. What am I missing or doing wrong?  Thanks!

Tim,

On our Monaco there are two switches on the side wall of the entry step well. They are for the Bay lights one for the left side and one for the right side bays. So as Bruce said look for a switch that may be off.

Herman

Mine is between "Dock Lights" & "Exterior Coach Lights"!  Your owners manual, should show a  drawing or B & W picture of all dash controls.

I will look for another light switch.  There's one at the entry and when I turn it on, no lights. 

On 9/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, desertdeals69 said:

Did you look on the dash maybe a switch there.

I spoke with previous owner and he said there's only 1 switch which is by the entry door. The entry switch lights up but none of the storage compartment lights come on. Still looking. 

1 hour ago, Timnjulie said:

I spoke with previous owner and he said there's only 1 switch which is by the entry door. The entry switch lights up but none of the storage compartment lights come on. Still looking. 

That, IMO points to a faulty ground_ location TBD.

Have I mentioned I hate 12V issues, as over 80% are the result of a poor/missing ground_ somewhere.

In my coach in addition to the switch by the door, each light in the compartments also has an on/off switch on the individual light, it may be that they are all turned off in the compartments

Good thought Pops but in Tims posting he stated  "I turned on the lights but nothing happened in any of the compartments." So I will go along with his thought that he has a fuse blown or an electrical short somewhere.

Herman  

I have a different motor home that has one switch, but each light has its own switch. Even if the ‘master’ switch is on each light can be turned off individually. 

31 minutes ago, rossboyer said:

I have a different motor home that has one switch, but each light has its own switch. Even if the ‘master’ switch is on each light can be turned off individually. 

Ditto, but my engine and generator area lights are not controlled by the master switch.