williames

ATC and ABS systems

I was driving my 40 ft Holiday Rambler Ambassador over the I-80 Pass in California, headed for Reno when I was caught in a snow storm at the summit. The ABS and ATC lights both came on.

At first everything seemed normal except for the ABS and TCA lights. Then during the descent the brake air gage started to swing wildly between 80 pounds and up to 150 pounds. When I finally parked at home the lights were still on. The next morning every thing had dried out, the ATC and ABS lights were gone. Can anyone tell me where the system box is located on the frame so it can be sealed if possible. Thanks Bill Smith

On 9/20/2019 at 7:13 PM, jleamont said:

Our HR has the ABS module located in the drivers side console, below the transmission shift pad.

What year Ambassador?

On my 06 I have a disabled switch for the ATC  on the console and accidentally switched it off one time.  Same thing happen, warning lights came on.   I soon figured out later what I did.  

Sometimes the tone ring for the ABS system gets clogged up with road dirt and grease, ice buildup, etc. I began seeing the ABS warning light illuminate at random times. A friend who owns a large truck service center told me to use my high-pressure washer from the opposite side of my MH to power wash the back-sides of the tires on the other side. I did, haven't had the ABS warning light  come on again- outside of the normal startup procedure.

Ray, I have the same switch.  Did the same thing! :P

RayIN, good idea!  The power washer I keep in coach is not powerful enough, but the one at the house is & I will do that tomorrow.  We'll be home late today...5 months on road & 13,000+ miles!

Glad you arrived home safe and sound Carl! Your posts of your travels caused be to relive many pleasant memories.

re: the power washer thing, I forgot to mention, Dave, the owner reminded me not to drive as usual until the brakes dried out. That's not much of a problem with disc brakes, shoes however don't like water.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:13 PM, jleamont said:

Our HR has the ABS module located in the drivers side console, below the transmission shift pad.

What year Ambassador?