richard5933

TCS Fuel Discount Card

12 minutes ago, manholt said:

Richard.

Say you have a balance of 250 and you want to cancel card.  Is there a fee?  How do you get your $$$?

Can't answer with certainty on those. I asked when I signed up, and the only fee I was able to discern was a $10/mo fee if the account is inactive for 90 days (three statement periods).

If you cancel, it was my impression that they would send a check for the balance after a brief period to be sure that there were no transactions in the system waiting to be processed from retailers. Seem to remember a few weeks on the waiting period, but can't be sure on that.

I've got about a $400 balance with them. Like I said, it's really just a backup to the TSD card or if I happen to be somewhere that the TCS card has a better discount. I like redundancies in all things, payment methods included.

This is an interesting topic, thanks to all who have posted their questions & concerns.  I just discovered the existence of this fuel card so went to their site to see where their participating stations are located.  I sent some time going in circles on their rather sparse site.  I guess you have to sign up before you can find out if there are stations that are near wherever you will be traveling.  No thanks, there is insufficient detail at TCS to attract me.  Than I came over to the forum to see if there was any info.  The info you guys have posted is enough for me to go check out TSD.  Thanks!

I have the TSD card and saved quite a bit using it at Love's.  Works great.  I happen to have a second checking account that I did not really use so I used this one for the card.  I just transfer funds as needed to pay for the fuel.  You can also get a $200 cash when using the card per day.  It is actually a debit card.  When at the pumps it will ask you if you want a cash advance.

Jaime

We did about the same with a small balance Savings Account...Now it will be real handy, our new "to us" coach has a 200 gal fuel tank! 😁

Can not get on the tcs site to fill out an application since March of last year. It just locks up

called them and they said they would email me the forms which I have never got .  What can I do?

1 hour ago, jewellvarga said:

Can not get on the tcs site to fill out an application since March of last year. It just locks up

called them and they said they would email me the forms which I have never got .  What can I do?

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at the EFS card?

Bill

1 hour ago, wildebill308 said:

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at the EFS card?

Bill

Are you talking about the EFS card which is obtained through TSD? For that one, you have to contact TSD directly. EFS is just the processing company.

15 hours ago, WiscoJJ said:

Anyone know of discount fuel programs for gassers?  Thanks!

Pilot Flying J Good Sam discount card provided us a GAS discount on our toad. 

Sam's Club has a credit card that gives you 5% cash back (that is 15 cents per gallon when fuel is $3.00 a gallon) fuel purchases at any station.  I think Costco has the same deal.  With a motor home it is easy to offset the club membership fee if you travel regularly.  Sam's club won't return  your cash back until after the end of the calendar year.  I've gotten cash back for the year with this card in the $600 range.

We use Gas Buddy to find the best price, not only where we are but looking ahead to the next stop or the next state, when traveling cross country.  We also fuel up (diesel) at local retail stations.  Check Gas Buddy and you will see that regular retailers are selling fuel at prices well below the truck stops.  It is not unusual to find local stations selling diesel 40 cents below the per gallon price at truck stops just a few miles away.  I've developed an eye for determining if a station is accessible or not for even our 45 foot coach.  I can get Sam's Club fuel prices and their 5% rebate.

Tom  we use TDS at all TA's, Petro for 35/45 cents off, Love's its .16 and local stripe its .17+....I have a 200 gal tank and most fill ups is 135+ gal.:)

On 5/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, jleamont said:

Pilot Flying J Good Sam discount card provided us a GAS discount on our toad. 

Yes, 5 cents a gallon.  We use ours all the time.

I received my TCS/FMCA card a while back but have not been able to fund it.  Everything seems to work well on the TCS site but when I go to my PNC bank account to ok the money transfer through Zelle to TCS the transfer stalls.  Tried the procedure many times over many days but always no results.  Looks simple but not working for me.  Called PNC and even went to my branch but no good.  Worked with TCS no luck.  Anybody else had this problem?

6 hours ago, tomkat436 said:

I received my TCS/FMCA card a while back but have not been able to fund it.  Everything seems to work well on the TCS site but when I go to my PNC bank account to ok the money transfer through Zelle to TCS the transfer stalls.  Tried the procedure many times over many days but always no results.  Looks simple but not working for me.  Called PNC and even went to my branch but no good.  Worked with TCS no luck.  Anybody else had this problem?

Difficulty funding the card is the reason I cancelled it and never looked back. Never could understand how a card which was supposed to make fuel purchasing easier was so darned difficult to fund.

Edited by richard5933

7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Try TSD Logistics and their Open Roads Fuel Discount program,

According to their web site, in 2022 they will come out with a gasoline discount card.

This is what I did. Had both for a while and hands down the TSD card is more convenient. Just be sure to check before you fuel to make sure the place you're fueling is in their program. The discount changes from brand to brand and even station to station. This is where the TSD app shines. Of course, discounts vary with the TCS card as well depending on the place you fuel. 

If they could make the TCS/FMCA card work like the TSD card I would use it to because  it offers discounts at different stations and would give more options. I am not putting money in a program where it will sit and I don' t have acess to it when I am not traveling. It also appears to be  hard to fund, NO THANKS.

Bill