richard5933

TCS Fuel Discount Card

I was reluctant at first but we set up ours for TSD to draft our checking account and did not set up e separate account. Works fine for us.

As has been said, it is a good planning tool to be able to know where the best fuel prices are when planning a trip.

Herman

Our bank allows a separate account. I created the account, populated it with money and use it exclusively for diesel fuel.  I can write checks on it if I wish to, or, I can transfer any amount to or from that account.   Most banks allow multiple accounts, just ask.  I use the bank draft from the fuel account for TSD.

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Our bank allows a separate account. I created the account, populated it with money and use it exclusively for diesel fuel.  I can write checks on it if I wish to, or, I can transfer any amount to or from that account.   Most banks allow multiple accounts, just ask.  I use the bank draft from the fuel account for TSD.

Same here, works fine.

I've been watching the various threads about the TSD card since it was made available to RV owners a few years ago, and I don't think I've read about one issue with them having access to bank accounts. They serve many people and many professional drivers, and every interaction I've had with them impressed me.

We have about half of our regular bills paid by direct draft from our checking account. Never have had a problem with this. Not saying there can't be a problem, but there are many other things I worry about more than this.

I acquired the TSD Open Roads card a few months back and am very pleased. It works as a debit card and charges my bank account for the discounted fuel price. So far, it appears that TA is the best discount deal of all the partners involved. Love the mobile app as it allows us to price shop on our route as we travel.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, hermanmullins said:

I was reluctant at first but we set up ours for TSD to draft our checking account and did not set up e separate account. Works fine for us.

As has been said, it is a good planning tool to be able to know where the best fuel prices are when planning a trip.

Herman

Agreed completely Herman! We were somewhat hesitant in the beginning as well; the old saying "if it looks to be good to be true, it probably is". We did go through the trouble to create a separate bank account, just for security purposes, and deposited a couple thousand dollars seed money in it. The savings is unbelievable!! We put between 30-40K miles each year on our Class A and saved almost .70 cents a gallon of the pump price at a TA a few months back; multiply that times the gallons we burn each year. The ability to pay at the pump without going inside is a big plus to me and we love the mobile app for fuel stop planning and directions! I highly recommend this card to anyone using large amounts of diesel fuel!

On 1/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, tomkat436 said:

I received my TCS/FMCA card a while back but have not been able to fund it.  Everything seems to work well on the TCS site but when I go to my PNC bank account to ok the money transfer through Zelle to TCS the transfer stalls.  Tried the procedure many times over many days but always no results.  Looks simple but not working for me.  Called PNC and even went to my branch but no good.  Worked with TCS no luck.  Anybody else had this problem?

Try the TSD card instead. It is like an ATM card charging your own bank account. You have full control of the funds at all time!