nightcrawler

WHAT TO USE TO KEEP OUT RODENTS IN WINTER

13 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

DURING THE WINTER MY MOTORHOME IS PLUGGED IN TO 50 AMP WHEN WE ARE NOT TRAVELING.

HAD A PROBLEM LAST WINTER WITH MICE SQUIRRELS OR SOMETHING CHEWING ON ELECTRICAL WIRES.

HOW DO YOU PREVENT THIS?

Here is one topic;

I use TomCat mouse bait blocks. I drop them down into plumbing access holes in the floor, under the bottom cabinet drawers, etc. I have some wired to  structural metal  in the engine compartment. I have never took time to make one, but years ago a man on irv2.com posted a drawing of his child and pet proof mouse bait station for use anywhere. It consisted of an inverted "T" shape made from 1.5" PVC pipe= 3 1' lengths, 1 PVC tee, all glued together. The single leg of the T is capped with regular PVC cap with a 1/4" hole in the center, a 1' length of 1/4" all-thread and 4 nuts complete the bait station. The mouse bait block has a hole through the center which permits it to be 'dropped onto the length of all-thread-which has a washer between 2 nuts on one end. The other end it inserted through the cap and retained with the remaining 2 nuts.

Hope that explanation sounds logical enough for you to construct your own bait station.