JLMacy

Watch out for the small print- even not so small.

I needed our car towed, so I called FMCA road assist. They took my information and advised me that they would tow 100 miles of the 127 to the repair facility. I told them that would not work and got the number for the tow company. They told me the same thing. I told them that's not what the contract says, and FMCA's comparison on their website was incorrect. The tow company said I would be responsible for the 27 miles at about $5/mile. I said NO! MCA advertised to the nearest qualified repair station, and the nearest one was less than 100 miles away. We chatted for a while and found out that a computer tells the tow company where the nearest qualified station was, not me. I told them we had trouble with the car in the past two-three weeks and the nearest repair did not fix the problem. Three-point two miles after leaving it with the garage, the vehicle began having the same problem. I called the garage and was told they weren't responsible for what happens after it leaves their facility. I told the tow company that they were not qualified, and I had called three other garages who all told me they could not help and to take the car to the nearest dealer. I was on the phone for about an hour before the tow company did an "override" on the computer program, and they would tow at no cost to me.
Here is the deception. FMCA advertises to the nearest qualified repair facility, but they don't say you choose. They don't say limit 100 miles. They lead you to believe they are better than some of the other companies offering tow service when the other companies admit there is a 100-mile maximum range.
I will not be renewing my membership through FMCA because I feel FMCA was promoting its program with false advertising.
We have been members of FMCA for 10-years, and we may not renew due to a severe lack of ethics in the advertising on the website.
Goodbye FMCA Roadassist, you got my money this time, but not again.
CoachNet is more expensive, but we had far better service in the past.

JLMacy,

Sorry about your trouble.   Suggest you call FMCA and speak to Dan Ball, Director of Customer Service & Marketing.

I guess I have a couple of questions?  I just changed to FMCA's roadside assist a couple of months ago and I put a lot of weight on other RVers opinions. 1. Have you talked to their administrative staff to try to clear it up? 2. Maybe this should be #1, I think you're saying that the nearest qualified repair facility is 127 miles away and FMCA will only tow 100?  If that is the case who is saying that the nearest qualified facility is 127, you or is FMCA saying there is one closer and you just don't agree with them?  I'm a little confused.  If they say they will tow to closest that is what I would expect.  Call them!! 

An aside to this topic is, on escapees.com a man just cancelled his CoachNet policy because they did not fulfill the contract.

1 hour ago, RayIN said:

An aside to this topic is, on escapees.com a man just cancelled his CoachNet policy because they did not fulfill the contract.

Funny, I just spoke to a friend tonight that broke down due to bad fuel. Coachnet called him a vendor to pump his bad fuel out, replace it and replaced both fuel filters on the side of the road (added 30 gallons of clean diesel) They paid the entire bill. 

You hear bad and good with almost every provider.

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

Funny, I just spoke to a friend tonight that broke down due to bad fuel. Coachnet called him a vendor to pump his bad fuel out, replace it and replaced both fuel filters on the side of the road (added 30 gallons of clean diesel) They paid the entire bill. 

You hear bad and good with almost every provider.

That was my point.

I truly believe the outcome will be the based off of the person on the other end of the phone, not the provider that holds the contract. 

The provider that holds the contract should certify the people who do the work for you.  When they are ill trained, the outcomes are bad.   FMCA Road Service left us stranded two days in the row with 2 blowouts due to road debris.    Worthless Service.   Avoid FMCA Emergency Road Service Everyone

Jim,

First Welcome to the Forum.

Where were you when you were stranded for two days? Were you in a bad Location, on the side of the road, in a camp site, where? Do you have a odd sire size that was hard to find? Were you incontact with FMCA Roadside Assistance at any time during those two days? It appear that there may be more to the story then you are telling us.

If I have to wait more than an hour for a response, I an back in touch with my service, find out why, then get my own tire service. I would then send the bill to them for reimbursement. 

May we hear more?

Herman