hewebb

Good four month trip, bad repair shop

We are back from our trip. We traveled through 16 states in the Midwest and west and put just over 6K miles on the coach. For the most part it was a good trip.

If a Freightliner dealer hadn't screwed us so bad on the overheating issue while in the mountains it would have been a great trip. They kept the coach for 11 days, were not honest with us and did not fix the problem. Stay away from Velocity truck center shops. A Volvo shop (Vangard) near Flagstaff, AZ did identify the problem in less that two hours and got it fixed in three days + they had to correct some of Velocity's work which caused some damage.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !  

Hewebb, Glad you posted your experience for others on the forum !

You should include your Coach Make, Model and Year when posting on the Forum. That helps the members offer information and help that is generally closer to the issue(s) members are exasperating. 

Not all service centers are created equal and members often know where and who to contact for service or at least offer suggestions where they have been satisfied.

Rich.  

I am afraid to say posts like this are going to become more common. 

The automobile/truck and RV repair industry is suffering for skilled mechanics and technicians. Our local national training center is laying off staff and reducing space do to a lack of interest by today’s youth.

I believe this is a result of preaching that everyone needs a college degree and terrible pay that all began in the late 80’s early 90’s. 

The average product coming out of those schools is less than par already. Their expectations are high and skills are low. They often don’t stay in that career long. The biggest problem, no attention to detail! 

Im betting this will get worse before it gets better. Being in this industry I see it every day, it’s a huge struggle.

10-4 on all that.  Spent 10 days in Rapid City SD paying for someone else's education. Have grandchildren that, in my mind, will only be flipping burgers, no income in video games.

11 hours ago, Afordeck said:

no income in video games.

Actually there is a lot of money in some of those video games, but only if one learns how to write them. It is so sad these days to see our youth glued to their games and have no interest in learning what makes them happen. And as a result we are getting no new talent to help make the world go round, and no good technicians being trained to make necessary repairs to our favorite toys.