robh

Norcold blank screen

My fridge has a blank screen and will not turn on. I can hear a relay cycling about every thirty seconds. Verified a/c and d/c power. Just bought coach and fridge was working fine. Light is not on on recall box. Afraid this will require a new board but thought someone may know a workaround 

Rob,

Welcome to the Forum.I am assuming that you have a Norcold 1200 unit.  Since the light is not on on the recall box try this. Take a strong Magnet and rub it all over the black box. That should reset the box. If it goes out again the thermocouple that was installed on one of the several recalls may be bad and needs a service tech to look at the unit.

Many of us have had all the recalls and continued to have issues and have installed residential units. I myself now have a Samsung RF-18 in our Monaco Dynasty.

Good luck and again Welcome

Herman 

Yep a blank screen usually means the black box tripped.  The red light on means it's tripped.  Strong magnet to reset by holding it near the light for 5 seconds.  You should hear a couple of clicks and the red light will go out.  

2 hours ago, Elkhartjim said:

The OP stated the light on the black box is not on. 

I had 4 of the safety devices fail, on 2 of the failures the red light came on and it was not resettable and  the other two failures there red light was off on the module and the screen was blank.

If you look at the wiring on the safety device you will see that the safety device interrupts the 12 volt supply to the refrigerator  control board.

Without 12 power source to the refrigerator control board the screen will go blank,  and both heating sources ( propane/110 electric) will be interrupted.

Jim

Finally found time to get to the coach and try the magnet, no luck. Guess it’s off to the repair shop. Thanks for the suggestions!

11 hours ago, Robh said:

Finally found time to get to the coach and try the magnet, no luck. Guess it’s off to the repair shop. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bypass the box for testing purpose, if it works then get a ARP controller to replace the box.  Check out the link below.  

https://www.arprv.com/