Sign in to follow this  
cmart5052@yahoo.com

FMCA License Plate

Hello everyone. A newbie here, at least to FMCA, and I do have a question. I do not have a license plate holder on the front of my coach, so how good does the double-sided tape work to hold the license plate on the front? With wind, rain and who knows what else, I'm a little leery of trying to hold the FMCA plate on with just tape. I want to show my colors but I don't want to put the plate on the windshield. Any suggestions?

I used double side commercial tape,,,I believe I got it from HD, or Lowe's.....My plaque has been on for almost 3 years,,,,still there.

I use it for a couple of metal decals on the Jeep as well.......They have worked great for me...

Hope this helps.

What kind of coach do you have ? I used plastic wire tires and mounted it on my grille.

I have a 09 Magellan. I would think the wire ties would be kinda sorta unstable at 60 mph. Seriously thinking about xplorers idea of double sided tape. Actually thinking about drilling holes and using screws with locking nuts, just not sure yet. Looking at all options.

So you bought a Magellan! Wife and I were really impressed with Model 36R at last falls RV shows.. Triple slides and TV-fireplace in the huge living room. But we purchased our Safari-Simba instead mainly because of the great dealership we found.

Haven't installed the front FMCA plates yet-like you say,wind,rain,bugs,etc. Just place it on interior of windshield when parked. Rear was easy to attach to ladder with plastic ties.

So you bought a Magellan! Wife and I were really impressed with Model 36R at last falls RV shows.. Triple slides and TV-fireplace in the huge living room. But we purchased our Safari-Simba instead mainly because of the great dealership we found.

Haven't installed the front FMCA plates yet-like you say,wind,rain,bugs,etc. Just place it on interior of windshield when parked. Rear was easy to attach to ladder with plastic ties.

Well we traded in a fireplace, ceiling fan, and computer hutch we had in our Bighorn for our Magellan, but we have none of that now, nothing fancy, just a nice ride. Ours is a 34 footer (had to fit in our RV garage and 36 foot was to long). I still haven't decided on what to do with the FMCA plates, but windshield may be a good idea for now. Does the plate when attached to the ladder not do cartwheels when traveling at road speeds? :rolleyes:

The wire ties do really work. I use 4 and the plate does not move at all. But a good 2 sided tape would work fine also. As for my back one, I mounted it on the rear ladder with the bracket that you can order from the same place that your sign came from.

Kiley Mold also makes brackets to attach to front license plate attachment points. I've been using those along with the ladder brackets for several years and they work well - very stable. I had done a homemade bracket but it kept bending with the air flow when on the road. :rolleyes:

Robb Steinheider

F200844