fairwinds46@gmail.com

Transfer switch

Last year I hooked up to shore power, left for an hour, came back to electrical fire smell. The TVs, small appliances and inverter were fried. Went to Monaco had all replaced, everything appeared fine, I added the 50 amp E.M.S. . At the next campground I had no shore power, the transfer switch was bad. Replaced the IOTA transfer switch with another, it lasted about 4 months. When I replaced the last one, the IOTA technician said I should only hear a click when the generator started; it clicks when I hook up to shore power. Is there a way to trouble shoot and find the problem?

Thanks in advance

Dave Beckes

Last year I hooked up to shore power, left for an hour, came back to electrical fire smell. The TVs, small appliances and inverter were fried. Went to Monaco had all replaced, everything appeared fine, I added the 50 amp E.M.S. . At the next campground I had no shore power, the transfer switch was bad. Replaced the IOTA transfer switch with another, it lasted about 4 months. When I replaced the last one, the IOTA technician said I should only hear a click when the generator started; it clicks when I hook up to shore power. Is there a way to trouble shoot and find the problem?

Thanks in advance

Dave Beckes

Dave,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Best advice is to contact IOTA.

You will want to verify that you have the wires to the ATS from generator are to the IOTA/Monaco recommended terminals in the ATS. Same for the wires from shore power.