Sign in to follow this  
dbenoit

Yikes!!!

I'll start it off. I had to remove our washer/dryer unit in the RV....Yikes!!

I had to roll it out of the closet so the top was at the bottom, no other way. MH is on it's way back to the manufacturer

for a new roof (recall). The washer would not drain, already found the problem with the pump motor

Had to remove "everything" in the MH....Yikes!!!

That's rough, the roof is the cap on everything else. Sounds like you did luck out in one area, some must have the windshield removed to get the W/D or refrigerator out.

6 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Yikes!! It's Fall Foliage Madness in NH. 

Yikes! That means  people in that part of the world will be starting to winterise to get ready for that long cold season.:P

Bill

The washer won't go out a side window? it will in my old Safari Panther. Getting it through the bedroom door. Took the control panel off, slid it through put it back together and out the window it went. I agree not a great time of the year to send it back.

Yikes, it will be in a heated bay for roof & same for paint...bad part for us would be to remove "Everything"!  Like moving into a new coach..ugh.

So get this, the washer/dryer combo is 2 years old (used 2 times). So I ask "dealer", Is it covered under warranty?

Yikes! I would have to make an appointment after it comes back from new roof, re install the washer then they would evaluate

to see if it's covered, if not I need to pay for the evaluation. I already took it apart and found the problem

with the drain pump. I already found the replacement pump ($165) and it's like 15 min. to install.

Funny is that you would have to remove it again to evaluate. Best just to say "F" it.

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

Yikes! I would have to make an appointment after it comes back from new roof, re install the washer then they would evaluate

What did they say that would cost?

Bill

I think the lowest hourly rate for RV work I've seen is $135/hr. I agree, buy the pump and DIY. Then call Splendide and try to cajole them into a warranty rebate.(all they can do is say no)

Yup!  As always.  At $135 an hr...I'm glad I live in Texas!  Most I've had to pay was $120 at a Graphics shop!

41 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Yikes!!! The MH is getting the roof stripped today. I would like to see that. 

Wow!!! DBenoit has strippers working on his roof. No wonder it is going to be expensive....

Bill