Sign in to follow this  
desertdeals69

Windshield replacement

A friend from New Hampshire was visiting and needed a windshield replaced.  I had him call RV Glass Solutions.  They set it up with a local installer here in Lk Havasu City, Az.  The name of the installer is Scott and his company is Pro Auto Glass, Inc. 928-486-6823.  I watched him from start to finish and he is very knowledgeable and skillful in replacing the glass.  If you need a replacement and are in the area I recommend him. 

I"m due. Have a running crack about 2 feet long from bottom of windshield over to passenger side and up about a foot. Hasn't gotten any worse but the day will come.

Some states require windshields have no cracks.  I don't like the repairs they do to chips.  I had one repaired on my car and it was not in the line of vision but above.  Bright Az sun ray was reflected like a mirror and blinded me.  The odds of that happening are slim but it did happen.

Good to know. I store my RV not too far away from there.

I had my windshields (mine has 2) replaced by Gulf Coast Glass in Brendenton Florida a couple of years ago and they did a horrible job. I want to get the winshields removed, the mess cleaned up and reinstalled.