Sign in to follow this  
NanMWright

Winnie Vista lukewarm water

Hi Folks,

I drive a 2010 Winnebago Vista 30W...Class A.  My water heater...fueled with propane...no longer produces hot water.  It gets lukewarm at best. I recently cleaned the connectors so that the pilot would come on...but only lukewarm water is produced.

Could someone tell me how to troubleshoot the problem? 

Thanks...Nan Wright

I would start by flushing the tank, sediment at the bottom of the tank is a common cause for your symptom, also make sure that the flue (heat exhaust) has not been clogged by a varmints nest. After that you will need to check the burner unit to make sure the flame is or can be adjusted correctly.

Nan,

Check to make sure that your water heater bypass valve (for winterizing) is fully closed.  if not, water can bypass the water heater.

Thanks - as always - to both of you.  I drained the hot water tank and although I didn't see a lot of sediment, it seemed to make the difference. Now I have hot water.  I'll get the flue cleaned next time I get to a town.

All my best, Nan

Also check to make sure outside shower water knobs are both turned completely off if one or both are left open this causes for Luke warm water only not sure why but it happens but it does if one of those knobs are open 

Nan, it's been a long time!  Hope your staying  out of harms way & have plenty of goods on  hand to prevent getting the Coronavirus!  Are you still off the grid?