keigm

New Coach Tire Pressure Guidelines

Apologize in advance for this question.  We recently purchased a 2019 Newmar London Aire.  It has a Gross Weight of approximately 55,000 lbs.  We will be going to the FMCA Convention in Tucson next March and will get the coach weighed accurately but until then I need some advice on what tire pressures I should be using until then.  We are part time and have the coach moderately loaded up. I would guess our current gross weight is approximately 51K.  I know I will need a little margin of safety for our guestamates.  Thank you in advance for you advice.

Keigm,

Many truck stops have scales to allow axle weights to be determined. A good "intermediate" step.

SO, until you get any weighing done, go by the GVWR sticker in the coach (assumes each axle loaded to GAWR).

Next best is to get axle weights.  Add a fudge factor for left/right imbalance and go to your tire manufacturer's inflation table to determine correct minimum PSI.

Then after individual wheel position weighing in Tucson, use the heavier wheel position on each axle to go to your tire manufacturer's inflation table.

Until you have your coach weighed I would use the setting listed on you documentation sheet on the wall next to the driver seat.

Good Luck, we will also be in Tucson in March. Mapping out the trip as we speak.

Same answer as Brett, his typing is faster then mine.

Herman

I will be giving a couple of seminars (different topic details) on tires in RV application at Tuscon. Check the seminar schedule and check out the Convention app. Happy to answer specific tire-related questions anytime.

Till then follow Brett & Herman's advice.  

If you are not going to run the Tire Placard suggested inflation,  my rule of thumb for an estimate side to side imbalance is to assume 53% of the truck scale axle weight is on one side. Then consult load tables. You can learn more by checking out my tire blog.