sangerm

batteries(new) supply power sporadically

We have a 2010 Itasca Suncrusier on a W22 WORKHORSE chassis.  We had new coach and chassis batteries installed in July.  The coach worked fine then all of a sudden there was no battery power to the  coach.  We decided to take a short trip last week w/o 12v power.  No problem on trip to the campground.  When we started  home I started the coach to put in slides and jacks up with no problem.   I turned off coach to unhook utilities, etc.   Went to start the coach to leave and there was no battery power at all.  After  about 10 minutes trying to figure something out all of a sudden both the coach and chassis batteries began to work.  Got home fine and parked the coach in our driveway.  After a few days went out to move the coach and there was no battery power again.  After a few minutes the batteries kicked in and the coach started right up.  Anyone got a clue what's going on with the battery power???

sangerm,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Pull out your digital voltmeter and check voltage at the house battery(ies) and also the chassis battery(ies) when this happens.

Winnebago is pretty good about supplying electric schematics.  If voltage at the batteries is 12.0 VDC or above, follow "power out" from the positive side until you find where you don't have it any longer.  May be resetable breaker, may be bad connection, may be a solelnoid-based isolator switch (controlled by the "salesman switch".  Your coach electrical schematic is where to start.

What's the condition of the battery cables and ground conductors? A bad ground or battery cable would be my first guess. Sometimes they can look good on the outside but still be rotted inside the insulation.

don;t know about your problem  but i just today went Briter in south Bend and had two ion batteries and a 60 amp charger in stalled and now i should be good for 10 yrs plus that,s

the plan  Henry          they did a outstanding job

sangerm.   I'll go out on a limb and guess that you bought the coach new, in 2010...you became a member in August of 2010.  If you have a schematic or picture of how your batteries where wired before you had new one's installed, you might find the problem is a wire on the wrong battery.  As mentioned, a dirty or loose ground wire is in most cases the culprit.   You didn't mention if the same problem happens, when your on generator.