flyingtrout

RV taxes in Arkansas

Have purchased a 2015 Fleetwood 42M and reside in Hot Springs, Arkansas.  I have had my motorhome assessed but there appears that no one knows what the millage rate is, or what the approximate tax liability will be incurred come tax time.  I have been to the website, and that part of the assessments is under construction.  If there are any persons who have any knowledge of this, I would appreciate some direction.

Call the county tax assessor, he/she's the one who actually assesses your taxes and to whom you pay.  Your motor home (you didn't say which Fleetwood you own) is part of your personal property/ad valorem taxes.  Save your pennies, it will be lots more than you think it will be or should be.  The only good news is that as the value of your MH decreases each year, if you can call that 'good news,' your tax bill will also go down.

In Texas, it's based on weight of coach each year.  When you purchased your coach, your one time tax should have been included for the State you bought it in...AR may be lower or higher than what you paid.  When I bought my "Used" coach in FL, I had to pay an additional 2% in Texas!  

Carl, in AR, you pay the "one time tax" which is the sales tax, at purchase.  The PP tax I noted above you pay every year.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:47 AM, five said:

Call the county tax assessor, he/she's the one who actually assesses your taxes and to whom you pay.  Your motor home (you didn't say which Fleetwood you own) is part of your personal property/ad valorem taxes.  Save your pennies, it will be lots more than you think it will be or should be.  The only good news is that as the value of your MH decreases each year, if you can call that 'good news,' your tax bill will also go down.

what will happen this year with taxes?

Don't know what you  are asking.  My guess is this year will be like all the rest, the state is going to get their cut.

I like living in Florida! Just a sales tax to pay at the time of sale on any vehicle. My Florida tag fee for our coach was about $65 this year. I turned down a job offer in Virginia two years ago when I found out what Virginia was going to do to my wallet for the "privilege" of owning a motorhome! No thanks...Virginia  is for Lovers....not motorhome owners!

8 hours ago, f474120 said:

I like living in Florida! Just a sales tax to pay at the time of sale on any vehicle. My Florida tag fee for our coach was about $65 this year. I turned down a job offer in Virginia two years ago when I found out what Virginia was going to do to my wallet for the "privilege" of owning a motorhome! No thanks...Virginia  is for Lovers....not motorhome owners!

Two years ago we spoke to the owner of a large DP while in Virginia and he had bought in Tennessee.  They had fallen in lover with VA and had found property they loved.  After he saw what VA was going to charge yearly to register his motorhome, he decided to look near Knoxville.  Found a beautiful place near the Smokies, with much lower property taxes and less than $100 per year to register the coach.  VA is a beautiful state but they want o rape RV owners.

Ken