betsymarie

1996 Safari Serengeti

Inverter charger has 120v power in, no charger power for batteries, no ac power out on 1 and 2. How can we tell if we need a new inverter or batteries?

Welcome to the FMCA discussion forums!

My first step would be to insure there are no tripped breakers or blown fuses-anywhere. If those are all  good, my next step would be to double check that both inverter and charger functions are enabled. If both of those are enabled, then things begin to get above my pay-grade. Soon more knowledgeable members will see your thread topic and step-in with their expertise and offer more advice.

When you get time, it would be a good idea to click on your name in top right  corner of this page, then go to your profile settings and fill-in the details of your RV. Look at the profiles at the bottom of our posts to get an idea of what you want to include.

This helps other members  offer suggestions and advice by simply reading what make, model, and type of RV you are talking about.

7 hours ago, betsymarie said:

Inverter charger has 120v power in, no charger power for batteries, no ac power out on 1 and 2. How can we tell if we need a new inverter or batteries?

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

From the information you posted, Have you measured the Coach battery voltage?  Low voltage readings could indicate corroded connections, Low water levels and this condition will cause the batteries to fail. Use Distilled water only when filling the cells.

There is a large ANL fuse located in the DC power wiring side of the system, this fuse is used to supply 12 volts to the  batteries when charging and to the inverter when it is making AC power. if the fuse has failed you could have a bad battery or 2.

Attached is a PDF file that is used to run through the diagnostic test tree for a Xantrex  series inverter and I'm making the assumption that this is the make of the charger / inverter installed in your coach. 

Rich. 

458 Trouble shooting tree__SBA0264_XantrexInverterTS.pdf

All good stuff, now I suggest you join Safari Friends @Yahoo groups  at "subscribe_safarifriends@yahoogroups.com"  It is the largest and oldest of the Safari oriented forums with a terrific files section dedicated to the SMC, Oshkosh and Monaco built Safari coaches coaches. There is also a very nice private , closed group also Safari oriented on Facebook with some 700 members.

10 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

All good stuff, now I suggest you join Safari Friends @Yahoo groups  at "subscribe_safarifriends@yahoogroups.com"  It is the largest and oldest of the Safari oriented forums with a terrific files section dedicated to the SMC, Oshkosh and Monaco built Safari coaches coaches. There is also a very nice private , closed group also Safari oriented on Facebook with some 700 members.

I got an email last week, Yahoo is shutting down some of their groups features.https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html

6 hours ago, RayIN said:

I got an email last week, Yahoo is shutting down some of their groups features.https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html

A number of yahoo group users are going to Gmail, groups that have the required technical moderator or IT help are having very few issues with moving all their files and user list.

Rich.