wintersden

Good Sam Club/FMCA

I am needing to renew my simple Good SAM Club membership, and I was just wondering if there are thoughts out there if it is needed. Don't most parks take FMCA , when they already take the Good Sam for the 10% discount?

Guest BillAdams
I am needing to renew my simple Good SAM Club membership, and I was just wondering if there are thoughts out there if it is needed. Don't most parks take FMCA , when they already take the Good Sam for the 10% discount?

I hope I don't get in trouble here, but I have found that very few parks offer an FMCA discount while a great number of them offer a GS discount. If you camp often you should pay for the membership very quickly.

Hi wintersden,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Like Bill posted, the GS discount is offered at many more CGs than the FMCA discount. That is the macro view. If you happen to camp where the FMCA discount is offered just as much as the GS discount; for that benefit there would be no difference. However, both organizations offer many more benefits than just the CG discount. Consider looking at all the benefits each organization has to offer. Determine the value of these benefits to you. Then make your decision. For me, I belong to both organizations.

Hi wintersden,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Like Bill posted, the GS discount is offered at many more CGs than the FMCA discount. That is the macro view. If you happen to camp where the FMCA discount is offered just as much as the GS discount; for that benefit there would be no difference. However, both organizations offer many more benefits than just the CG discount. Consider looking at all the benefits each organization has to offer. Determine the value of these benefits to you. Then make your decision. For me, I belong to both organizations.

We also belong to both. FMCA for its many benefits (http://www.fmca.com/index.php/join-family-...n/why-join-fmca) and Good Sam for its more widely accepted CG discounts.

We attend many FMCA rallies and conventions and belong to several FMCA Chapters. Have not been to any Good Sam events.

Brett

We're on the same wavelength with Brett. We haven't attended any Good Sam events but are members for the campground discount and the discount on the Trailer Life Directory, which we find to be the most comprehensive RV campground directory. We also have and like the GS RV Insurance for Full Timers (GMAC Insurance), which I notice that FMCA has recently brought on board. As far as I can tell, GMAC really doesn't care if you are or aren't GS.

Every year when it is time to renew, we debate whether we should renew GS, but we keep coming back. I think the campground discounts are the tipping point. We save more than the membership fee in campground discounts.

Unlike GS, FMCA has motorhomes as a common factor. This makes the gatherings more focused on our interests.

Yes we belong to both Good Sam and FMCA; in fact Good Sam offered me a lifetime membership a few years back and after crunching some numbers I felt like it was a great deal. The magazine Good Sam publishes is great and the discounts are everywhere. I would reccomend that you keep both.

We are members of both. We don't attend rallys or Samborees very often, but we try to go camping with our local chapter every month, that is the case for both FMCA and Good Sam's. We have GS road side assistance as well.

We belong to both. At the GS rally in Phoenix they offered to upgrade to lifetime membership for $199. I went for it and they also refunded my unused portion of my current membership. GS membership gives you the Camping World discount which use to be presidents club. Also if you were at the Phoenix rally you get to go to Louisville in June for free!

Like most others, we belong to both. We are also Escapees members. You just have to look at the benefits of belonging to various organizations to see if they fit your needs. I just used (last week) the Pilot/Flying J card received as a Good Sam member and it worked great. I got the discount off cash price and no hoops to jump through!