drservices01

FMCA Battery Discount

I see FMCA has a discount on Briter batteries but wow are they expensive.  I'm not sure how many on this site can afford to upgrade 4, 6 or 8 batteries. I for one can't.  

I would like to see a discounts for other batteries like Trojan etc.  These are more affordable to the average person and would give members a reasonable option to upgrade their battery bank.   

Hopefully a deal can be reach with some battery companies to sell to members through battery suppliers like the tire discount program.  

Maybe a consensus from the membership could give a little push to negotiate a deal for us.  

Dennis

$1,400 each & I have 2 start & 8 house...don't think so!  Yes they charge faster and last 3 to 5 years longer than my AGM's, I can replace mine 4x for the price of Briter.  That would make me 104 years old & I don't think I'll be driving anything! 🤣

I understand and appreciate all the benefits of the Li batteries but I can't justify the cost. I have dry camped 2 nights in the last 7 years.:P I can get buy just fine on lead acid. But wait there is a new battery on the horizon that is promising to be better and cheaper than Li it uses a aluminum technology.

There are 2 different yet similar roads. Aluminum /organic.

https://www.designnews.com/materials-assembly/new-aluminum-battery-design-could-be-more-sustainable-lithium-ion/4553949261660

Then the aluminum ion battery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6504778/

Bill

Has anyone had any experience with Battle Born batteries?  From my research I'm getting a favorable impression.  I plan on changing out all my house batteries with 3  1000 AmpHrs Battle  Born Lithium Ion batteries.   I understand they are $950 a copy but sell at $850 at RV shows (if ever we get back to having them).

My next question I would appreciate help with:  I just purchased a 2015 Tuscany XTE 40AX  with 32K miles at the end of  October and had to put it directly in winter storage.  After I change out the batteries, are there any reset switches on the Magnum Converter/Charger that I need to reset?  Or other main cut out switches  other than the main house switch inside the entrance door?